Thinking of buying a 2007 Expedition EL Eddie Bauer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wistagehand

Reaction score
Hello!! New to the forum. Looking at possibly purchasing a 2007 Expedition EL Eddie Bauer edition. Anything major I should look out for? Mileage to watch out? Major problems? Things to avoid?

Thanks!!

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If a tuneup hasn't been done yet, the plugs are one area of concern as the tuneup can get complicated/expensive if the plugs break. Cam phasers are another area of concern. This is worth a read also.

On my 2011 with less than 90K I had both power running board assemblies go. I also had the climate control seat module and relay replaced, but problems persist with them. Mechanically, nothing huge, but I do have a minor leak in the timing chain cover and a major leak in one of my rear struts.

As far as mileage goes, I don't have any specific concerns to share, but keep in mind potential service items that may be coming due (drive belt system, fluid changes, etc.).

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check the home page for 3rd gens and there is a sticky that has some information

OP
OP
wistagehand

wistagehand

Reaction score
The EB Expy EL I'm looking at buying is a 2007 with 120K on it.......i've been looking everywhere to try to find info on it but was the cam phaser issue primarily 2004-2005? or did it go into 2007? Would there be any way to tell if the issue is there before purchasing the truck??? Rough idle? ticking? I'm going Tuesday morning to look at it and possibly buy it.....it's between the 2007 Expedition EL Eddie Bauer or a 2008 Suburban....less options on the suburban, but it might be the way to go to avoid the cam phaser headache.....but I love the Expedition.... Any cam phaser info is greatly appreciated!!!

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The EB Expy EL I'm looking at buying is a 2007 with 120K on it.......i've been looking everywhere to try to find info on it but was the cam phaser issue primarily 2004-2005? or did it go into 2007? Would there be any way to tell if the issue is there before purchasing the truck??? Rough idle? ticking? I'm going Tuesday morning to look at it and possibly buy it.....it's between the 2007 Expedition EL Eddie Bauer or a 2008 Suburban....less options on the suburban, but it might be the way to go to avoid the cam phaser headache.....but I love the Expedition.... Any cam phaser info is greatly appreciated!!!

2008 Suburbans have Active Fuel Management (AFM). Google that one and you'll see a heap of complaints about prematurely dead engines. Pick your poison.

drokmofo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I too was deciding between a suburban and the expy I bought. I am a Chevy guy and wanted a suburban. When our salesman found this expy el limited it was over. No matter what vehicle you go with they will have issues because of the age. I love my chevy trucks, but wouldn't trade my expy.