Throttle Body replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lnstrqc85

Reaction score
2015 EL XLT 4x4 with approximately 115k. I’m having to replace the throttle body as she’s going into limp mode with the service wrench. Are there anything additional that I need to do after I replace the throttle body? There are videos with people do the gas pedal procedure to reset the TPS and some were doing the battery disconnect trick with a lead wire. Do I need to “relearn” the idle?

Thank you in advance for the response. Looking to get this done in the next few days.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2015 EL XLT 4x4 with approximately 115k. I’m having to replace the throttle body as she’s going into limp mode with the service wrench. Are there anything additional that I need to do after I replace the throttle body? There are videos with people do the gas pedal procedure to reset the TPS and some were doing the battery disconnect trick with a lead wire. Do I need to “relearn” the idle?

Thank you in advance for the response. Looking to get this done in the next few days.

Here is an excellent video on how to replace the throttle body on the 2015 - 2017 models: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr4CX8sNUns

The idle will be learned while you drive, or you can remain stopped with the engine running and the transmission in drive (with your foot on the brake pedal) for a minute or so after you replace the part.

twotoneoc

Reaction score
Had the same problem. Just did the replacement. Old one had oil in it and looked pretty gunked up. Easy job <1hr and did the trick. Took a little while for the sensors to relearn and take off the check ending light, but it is purring like a kitten at idle now. Ended up using the Hitachi one btw.