Tie rods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where can I buy good tie rods as I have told that I have replace the ones n my 99expy. Are there anyones with grease inside it or greasable ones? Ford is charging me an enormous amount for the two tir rods.What is the general price for a couple?
Thank you

OP
OP
M

magic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks a lot. Do you know if its a notice to check it or is it a recall kind of thing where Ford will replace it?

DeepRiver

Reaction score
From what I understand it was only a notice. However, I did run across several owners who reported that their tie-rods broke and that’s something you really don’t want to have happen while you’re driving!!! So I’d suggest calling your local parts stores ASAP.

OP
OP
M

magic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am going to do it tomorrow morning.

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
tie rods ends arent hartd to put on and i think auto zone sells a set with grease inserts and you can change them out with basic hand tool and a tie rod end fork but you have to get a front end alingment after you get it done

OP
OP
M

magic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. Do I have to take it to the dealer to get the alignment or any garage can do it>