Timberline Vinyl application

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe it is Fiery Orange, but I’m not 100% sure because after we selected that color from one of 3Ms series of vinyl wraps, we learned that the series was discontinued and he had to go with a different series. But I presume the color/name is the same.

Here is a photo of the front, and also the side that shows the chrome trim being blacked out with glossy black.
That looks great! Both the orange and the blacked out trim on the sides.

TheVI

Reaction score
Good lord
Sent a note to a local place that does wrapping and was quoted $1,250 to wrap the chrome under windows, the tailgate strip and the bezels. Seems a tad high, but obviously not an area I quote jobs…

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good lord
Sent a note to a local place that does wrapping and was quoted $1,250 to wrap the chrome under windows, the tailgate strip and the bezels. Seems a tad high, but obviously not an area I quote jobs…
If it hasn't changed much, I'd do the belt line yourself. 2" strip goes on easy, wraps and trims simple. I did mine in an afternoon easily. No way it's worth that much money, either DIY or call another place. Hardest part is around the back corners with the complex bend but a little patience and heat will get it done.

Here's an in progress pic to show the difference.

PXL_20220910_232438664-XL.jpg

TheVI

Reaction score
If it hasn't changed much, I'd do the belt line yourself. 2" strip goes on easy, wraps and trims simple. I did mine in an afternoon easily. No way it's worth that much money, either DIY or call another place. Hardest part is around the back corners with the complex bend but a little patience and heat will get it done.

Here's an in progress pic to show the difference.

View attachment 78155
Thanks so much
I’m assuming you used a heat gun and some application spray/squeegee. Did you have to remove any pieces or were you able to wrap directly on the truck
Thanks in advance

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks so much
I’m assuming you used a heat gun and some application spray/squeegee. Did you have to remove any pieces or were you able to wrap directly on the truck
Thanks in advance
Someone else has posted that the rear trim along the hatch can be removed. That's info I wish I'd have had prior to doing this because I could have taken it inside and done it there. I did do it all on the truck. My Amazon heat gun has come in handy many times and it came in handy for those corners. Sides were done with no heat and all I did was clean the chrome with alcohol prior to applying them to make sure they were clean and dirt free. Around under the mirrors was a smidge tricky but it wasn't bad at all. I did use a squeegee and a cutting tool to get it applied correctly, but with the narrow width of this you can mostly use your fingers. The squeegee was handy for pushing it around the top and bottom and getting it tucked properly for a nice finish.

Note, I didn't realize on that roll of vinyl that there's a protective clear cover over the black to protect it during storage and application. I didn't realize and thought it looked terrible, then found it peels right off leaving a beautiful finish under it.

PXL_20220910_232448324-XL.jpg

PXL_20220910_172321592-XL.jpg

Another during shot.

PXL_20220910_172308558-XL.jpg

You'll have plenty of tape on that roll that you can do some practice runs, but I suggest starting with the passenger doors as they are straightforward and working your way from there.

Pancho258

Reaction score
That wrap looks really nice, might have to try that on mine.
Attached a picture of the caliper covers that I ordered with a special color which is close to the tangerine trim.

Attachments

• 201624C7-3AD6-4E5A-8424-AB303BCD3957.jpeg
    201624C7-3AD6-4E5A-8424-AB303BCD3957.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 6CC5918C-C73E-4A30-A98C-5D5D640A330E.jpeg
    6CC5918C-C73E-4A30-A98C-5D5D640A330E.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 11