Time for a new Radio/ Rear DVD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mach1

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new to the forums, I just picked up an 03 Eddie Bauer Expedition last week, it has the factory rear DVD unit, and the head unit won't play disc, so I want to upgrade the deck to a dvd player that also has blue tooth to play the songs from my IPhone, I would also like one that I can play a DVD in the front and have it also play in the back.

Is this possible or will I need to upgrade the rear dvd player as well? I had an
F350 that had a set up that would do this and it was really nice but it wasn't the DVD player that ford puts in their cars.

Thanks for the help!

dadamaja

Reaction score
i too need to replace my rear dvd, it works but cant get the disc out, it wont eject it

2000BlackGT

Reaction score
I don't know the answer to playing the DVD to the rear screen from the front head unit but I just ordered a pioneer avx-b4600bt. 7" DVD screen with Bluetooth audio. I also bought the cd-iv203 so I can plug my phone in and use the maps from my iPhone onto the screen

SFTX

Reaction score
I installed a Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS in the front (use the Metra 95-5026 Double DIN Installation Kit), and a Planet Audio P10.1ES DVD player for the roof. With that combination, you can play video from either source (a dvd in the head unit can play on the overhead, or a dvd in the overhead can be displayed on the headunit). I'm really happy with both.