Tire for on road performance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

doubledown

Reaction score
The only downside to running a higher tire pressure is that your ride will be a little rougher. But who cares... your tires are lasting longer, your truck corners better, and you are getting better gas mileage!

Thanks for the good info! And I completely agree with this ^^^

OP
OP
D

doubledown

Reaction score
In the end I wound up with three options, and was offered some good deals imho.
All quotes were for 255/70-18
1. Michelin LTX A/S. Plain looking OEM type highway tread tire. Blackwall. OTD $789
2. BFG Rugged Terrain. OTD $889
3. Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 2. $866.90 OTD including roadside protection...originally quoted $1089 :) I love to haggle.

So, I went with the Dueler AT Revo 2 and I'm having them put on tomorrow. I really like the look of them. The reviews seem kind of mixed, but the people who seem happy with them seem very happy. These come with the platinum warranty that says if you are unhappy with a full purchased set in the first 30 days you can get an exchange or full refund. And they have the 50k mile treadlife warranty. As long as they handle dry road surfaces and rain well and don't have any vibrations at highway speeds I will be happy.