tire size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdubs20

Reaction score
I will be installing a truxx 2.75/2 leveling kit in the upcoming weeks. I am not sure on what size tires I should run. I don't want any rubbing or regearing. Currently I have stock 17's, but I am thinking of going with an aftermarket set of 17's to get a little wider stance. Don't want anything to stick out much past the wheel well's though. any suggestions on tire sizes with pics would be appreciated.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm almost certain that with that lift you could go 33's with no problems and with 33's you definitely should not need a regear. A friend of mine From the Carolina's had 37's on his expy with the same lift but he experienced a boatload of problems if i remember correctly. He has since gone down to 33's like i suggested to you but has spacer that I believe are 2" but don't quote me they could only be 1". I'll try to add a pic of his truck.

Also i will be installing my 3.5/2.5 level on my '03 Expedition in the next week then I'll have the 35's install after about a month and i expect minimal amounts of trimming.

Attachments

• Michael's Expy.jpg
    Michael's Expy.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 71

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, the aftermarket wheels I am using are ProComps and they are 9" wides and have 4.75 backspacing and a -6mm offset. Tires are Toyo MTs 35/12.50r17.

Good Luck man and post some pics! :cool:

OP
OP
R

rdubs20

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I was thinking about going with something in the 33-34 inch range. I would like the tires to stick out a little but I am not sure of backspacing stuff like that