tires and wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I really like the look of your expy Johnnystar

PaisanNYC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got my front right tire slashed, (yes I just got my '04 Expy XLT 3 weeks ago! lol) and I now have an excuse to my wife to get rid of the Conti stock tires. Does Goodyear make any good tires for my 17" rims? Im asking because I never have seen anyone here mention Goodyear (I remember the issue years ago Ford had tho), and I actually have a Goodyear charge card which would help out tremendously if I could just charge the sale to that. Too bad there are no Discount Tire shops near me in NYC :(

johnnystar

Reaction score
To the best as i can Tell Goodyear has gone from being a tire leader to being an average tire. But such as any brand they have their cheap lines, and their more expensive line.
The charge card has to be good for more than just goodyear tires, im sure you can use it for other stuff as well, including other brands of tires, cuz they get your money and the interest regardless.

2002EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by PaisanNYC
and I actually have a Goodyear charge card which would help out tremendously if I could just charge the sale to that.

Your Goodyear card should good for all products and services at any location. I don't know about the corp. owned stores though.

johnnystar

Reaction score
Originally posted by JUST4FUN
I really like the look of your expy Johnnystar

Danka.. me too, i like showing it off. Im sure the novelty will wear off one day. Then again maybe not, ill keep trickin it out.

croatone

Reaction score
I might have to disagree with johnystar. Good year makes an excellent product. There is a reason the military uses them on hmmv. Also the goodyear mtr is used widely in rock crawling competions for being sticky and durable. I have used the silent armors on my little brothers trucks with great sucess. They are quiet and smooth and actually have some beefy side lugs to them,that seem to chennel water well. If you want a street only tire than go with a michelin ltx or atx. I think they slide around to much on our top drive hunting truck. The truck came with them so they will stay untill they get more cactus in them.

Mr.Steini

Reaction score
Personally I tend to stick to the name-brands, not the store/discountbrands. Tires play a huge role in how your vehicle goes/stops/corners, and I don't want to skimp.

I go with pronstar.
I hafe 20" wheels and bridgestone 275/55/20 Dueler H/L Alenza both from http://www.tirerack.com/
I was told by a friend of mine who had try 22" on his truck that he did not like that size,went to 20"and was very pleased with that.
We don´t have the best roads in Iceland
(rough tarmac) but these Bridgestoneare perfect ride in the summer time,very quiet and steady.

But i could get some a advise from you guys when come´s to winter tires on my 17" wheels??

266347074.jpg

Last edited:

Buck Nasty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love my BFG A/T's! If you decide on Michelin or BFG, go to Costco...If you can. No ********, great prices.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69