tires tires tires!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so i need new tires this year. maybe late this year. and i cannot decide which ones to get. the Hankook Dynapro M/ts or the Goodyear Dynatracs. both are E rated in 315/75 R16. i keep trying to find deals but both are about the same prices. maybe $10 off here and there. ugh! the only reason i wouldnt get these tires would be if i find a nother deal on other tires on craigslist or something. but which tire would you recommend? o and i did all this with my eyes closed sinse i had something in them. haha

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have cooper discoverer STT's on my explorer and i really like them. very low on noise and seem to be wearing well. i get a great deal on coopers localy so i dont know if it would be worth it to you to look at them. but i've had mine since '07 and really like them.

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the only thing i hear about those that i dont like is if you drive on the street a lot then do off road every now and then then back on to street they wear out really quick. they are either street or off road. not both.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Panda check out Nitto tires..

i don't know what those tires are on price... but mine were 196 each i think that beats those and nitto has a mud terrain and all terrain

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
trail grapplers or mickey thompsons whatever theyre all good

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
idk about the nittos. the dune grapps are good for dunes and street, but so much hard packed. i saw a few at tds and all they did is slip. haha the trails are good, but EVERYONE has them on f150online, and the mud grabs are dogs. they HOWL! dont want that. and MTs are pricy. thats why i was looking at these 2 tires. not too pricey and i bet i could find a deal some where. idk where though.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Me and them say go with Hankook...
I have the AT-Ms. not the MTs. But they are sooooo quite on the pavement, and have been extremely great in the snow and ice, and whenever I go muddin.

model_hankook02.jpg

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
those your daughters? haha o wait canadians arnt that sexy! they must be from SD! haha im thinking that. but its still killing me which ones. they are both highly recommended. ill see what i can do with discount tire. see which tire they can give me for the cheapest.

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the only thing i hear about those that i dont like is if you drive on the street a lot then do off road every now and then then back on to street they wear out really quick. they are either street or off road. not both.

i've really only driven them on-road, 20k miles so far and hardly any wear so far.