Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BikeRider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn't realize that decent replacement tires are $125 + mounting and balancing for my '03 XLT. A whopping $600 after tax for some freakin tires. This got me thinking to check EBAY. Well come to find out, you can get the OEM wheels + tires as NEW take offs for $200 less than just new tires! I know shipping is like $130, but it's still a deal since most of the take off places seem to be in Houston and allow for free pickup. Besides, I can then EBAY my OEM's for something right? Anyhow, this is my main dilemma:

I currently have an XLT with the 17" wheels and 265/70/17 tires. I saw some upgraded OEM wheels that came on the FX4 Lariat F150 that fit, but have 275/65/18 tires. Will this cause any problems with my suspension, clearance, camber? Any help is appreciated.

Oh, here is the ebay linK:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&item=7951617261&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

Robert Paulson

Reaction score
http://www.f150online.com/forums/li...ires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit

i have 285/75/16's on my '99 XLT 4X4 with no clearance issues. i am not sure how much the wheel wells/suspension changed from 99-03 though. a good idea would be to check f150online.com's forums---that's where i found out my tires would fit.

275/65/18 tires are 32" high. almost an inch smaller that the tires i have. hope that helps.

OP
OP
B

BikeRider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Scott, .47 of an inch won't be an issue. I think I'm going to go ahead with the ebay thing, found another link for the 18's for $500 with BF Goodrich Rugged Trail's.

OP
OP
B

BikeRider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I must have stirred up some interest. When they were previously going for around $500, they are exceeding $600 now on Ebay. Thanks a lot punks!

OP
OP
B

BikeRider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by big pacheco
i got my tires at pepboys $185.00 for two installed balanced warrenty 55,000 miles

I ended up buying some for $495. They are the Heritage Edition 18's. Why not get new wheels and tires for the price of tires. Besides, the local tire shop said that they would give me $125 for the OEM rims. Net cost is $350 installed. As for the balancing and rotating, we bought a lifetime one from Discount when we bought the Expedition. They do it regardless of where you bought the tires for the life of the vehicle.