TMPS Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

princered72

Reaction score
Recently bought some F150 takeoff wheels and tires. TPMS sensors were included for my Expy, 2014 Limited Edition. Installed the wheels, had to grind the rear axle off a little to get them to fit. Drove around for 100 plus miles and started getting the TPMS Fault. Tried to do the relearn process by letting the air out. Got the LF to work, went to RF and the tire goes completely flat and horn does not chirp. I am figuring the sensor is not functioning in the RF.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Buy the Ford tool that trains the sensor. It's $24. This way you don't have to air up and down the tires. When you get to a sensor that won't train, you know that's the bad one. Then you can replace the sensor for $50.

I found that one of mine (2008 band-mounted) had the band missing that held it to the wheel. A previous tire mounting fool broke it and taped the sensor to the wheel. That didn't last nor did the sensor. Yours are probably simply mounted on the stems. They're easier to replace.