Totaled - Sell or Scrap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agreed with swaping the motor. Find the same one, and the you have some great parts from your original engine that would be good to save or sell off.

hovocop

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you should try to part it out....... if you put a little time into it, you could be pleasantly surprised........ congrats on the babay ;)

OP
OP
IAExpy

IAExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I think for now the plan is to drive the 1996 Windstar my father lent me, pay off the loan on the Expy, and then see about fixing it. The wife just wants me to scrap it this week but I'm trying to hold off.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would get a used engine and put it in. Good luck with it either way.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i agree with everyone... just find another motor.. i find expys online all day for cheap with good motors and with bad motors, shouldnt cost to much just shop around.. good luck with whatever you choose

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
buy a used expy. swap motor. ive seen some with bad trans but great engines. you can get them for pretty cheap. or find a used 5.4. also with tom if you lived close i have a used 5.4. not mine, but a friends. good luck with what you decide. but you're not gonna get much scrapping it or selling it. maybe $1,500.