Totally getting one 2021 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Artie
Excellent. Can't wait to follow the build. I was 50/50 on getting a cruiser or the Navi so I totally get it. Well I hope I can swing an invite to 100s in the Hills when you get it built! I always wanted to attend one when I had my 4Runner but never made it.

I have never understood the idea that all Ford Turbo motors get the same name...
It will be a while I think, we are early stages of discussion now and supply is short because of Covid. Probably looking at February or March.

OP
OP
Fozzy

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think people get hung up on the displacement... 2.7 sounds anemic AF and most people don’t know any better. The first time I saw an ‘ecoboost’ badge I thought it was some lame high MPG engine. It’s a terrible name for a wonderfully powerful power plant.

It’s fine for the masses. The 2.7 is a rocket ship in the F-150 and very reliable. Then people like me will tune, turbo and tweak them to be what we want. And you know my favorite saying when everyone talks HP numbers of the other guys and most V8’s. “ Only at sea level “.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It’s fine for the masses. The 2.7 is a rocket ship in the F-150 and very reliable. Then people like me will tune, turbo and tweak them to be what we want. And you know my favorite saying when everyone talks HP numbers of the other guys and most V8’s. “ Only at sea level “.

SO True!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
The Bronco SPORT may be smaller than the escape. The Bronco (at least the 4 door) is not; it is very much full size. It has the same wheelbase as a Tahoe.

3d108e4c9f392ef3519508f34034774a.jpg

Escape:545a8d858750e5860b6d67d2459251b2.jpg

The 'full size' 1996 Bronco wheelbase was 104", the Expedition is 122" and EL is 131". The 2021 bronco is not wide enough for a modular V8 or the 3.5l. I am sure it is lacking on elbow and leg room. A 6" driver would not be happy.

Big H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Great looking little truck, bummer that the first editions are already sold out. I tried to place an order but am not able to.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Great looking little truck, bummer that the first editions are already sold out. I tried to place an order but am not able to.
And that's after they increased the allocation of First Editions from 3500 to 7000! I would still put down your refundable $100 if you're interested...people drop off those lists all the time because they're impatient, their financial situation changes, etc.

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 'full size' 1996 Bronco wheelbase was 104", the Expedition is 122" and EL is 131". The 2021 bronco is not wide enough for a modular V8 or the 3.5l. I am sure it is lacking on elbow and leg room. A 6" driver would not be happy.
I dunno, it's the same as a Tahoe, 4" skinnier. You can't really judge interior space just on wheelbase. My parents have a Gmc Terrain that only has 112" wheelbase and I'm 6' , 225 and having the seat all the way back is too far. So it all depends how they use the width and length. Imo

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am sure it is lacking on elbow and leg room. A 6" driver would not be happy.

[emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23] I would hope a 6 Inch driver would fit! Are we talking a chipmunk? [emoji883]

The new Bronco has a longer wheelbase and wider than an Edge. I am 6’(Foot), my Wife is also 6’(Foot), and my Father In Law is 6’7”. All fit in my Edge without a problem.

Have you sat in a new Escape with the moveable rear seat? Impressive leg room, but you sacrifice storage if the seat is all the way back.

Also, it’s primary target is the Wrangler, and it looks like it has it beat on most dimensions. The wrangler and gladiator can’t get far enough away from the steering wheel, and others complain about that too. I think the new Bronco is going to be a homerun for Ford!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to settle this argument the Bronco is NOT a full size vehicle. It is a mid size. The Broncos of old were always mid size vehicles. The Expedition succeeded the full size Bronco in 1997 and this new Bronco is closer to the original than the 80’s-90’s version. It is smaller than a Tahoe through and through, a Tahoe has a half ton chassis, wider track, V8 engine, and 120” wheelbase. The Ranger platform the Bronco is built on is mid size by definition.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just to settle this argument the Bronco is NOT a full size vehicle. It is a mid size. The Broncos of old were always mid size vehicles. The Expedition succeeded the full size Bronco in 1997 and this new Bronco is closer to the original than the 80’s-90’s version. It is smaller than a Tahoe through and through, a Tahoe has a half ton chassis, wider track, V8 engine, and 120” wheelbase. The Ranger platform the Bronco is built on is mid size by definition.

The point is, it may be midsize, but is in no way small. It has a longer wheel base than the original. A 6ft person will not have any issue fitting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_plugger