Totally getting one 2021 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
63% of 'new sales' are women. Most of the crap being sold, is marketed now to women buyers. The new Bronco is too dam small. It's smaller than a Escape. I owned a H3 Hummer. It had terrible leg room. I could not imagine being cramped in this smaller Bronco. The so-called Blazer is just a re-badged Traverse. Ford should of made the Bronco full size.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
63% of 'new sales' are women. Most of the crap being sold, is marketed now to women buyers. The new Bronco is too dam small. It's smaller than a Escape. I owned a H3 Hummer. It had terrible leg room. I could not imagine being cramped in this smaller Bronco. The so-called Blazer is just a re-badged Traverse. Ford should of made the Bronco full size.

The Bronco SPORT may be smaller than the escape. The Bronco (at least the 4 door) is not; it is very much full size. It has the same wheelbase as a Tahoe.

3d108e4c9f392ef3519508f34034774a.jpg

Escape:545a8d858750e5860b6d67d2459251b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Bronco SPORT may be smaller than the escape. The Bronco (at least the 4 door) is not; it is very much full size. It has the same wheelbase as a Tahoe.

3d108e4c9f392ef3519508f34034774a.jpg

Escape:545a8d858750e5860b6d67d2459251b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Facts are useless to him...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have to remember the Bronco is going back to it's heritage and competing directly with the Wrangler. Both the 2.3L inline 4 Turbo and 2.7L Twin Turbo V-6 motors are powerful and lighter than many V-8s. When 14psi of boost is applied it doubles the volumetric capacity of the motor. When that happens the 2.3L is a 4.6L and the 2.7L is a 5.4L. Think Ford didn't plan it that way? Plus forced air induction provides more torque.

Someone suggested the 4.6L V-8. It was only rated for 292HP/320 LB-ft.

The 2021 Bronco's base engine is a 2.3-liter turbo I-4 rated at 270 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque. the available 2.7-liter twin-turbo V-6 that's good for 310 hp and 400 lb-ft.

It's funny that folks are complaining that both motors aren't enough. That's better than V-8's just a decade ago. Don't forget the little turbos torque comes in much earlier than the NA motors & that's important for off roading. For those in high altitudes the Turbos do even better.

There isn't a V-8 in the raptor right now.

The only motor in the Fiat Wrangler more powerful is the Italian made Diesel that isn't doing well in reliability.

I too was surprised at the low towing rating when the 2.3L Turbo Ford Ranger is rated at towing 7,500lbs. There is something called "Towing Capability" on the options list for the Bronco. Maybe with the 2.7 TT V-6 you get more?

Remember it is competing with the Wrangler which has a tow rating of 2,000 to 3,500lbs.

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You have to remember the Bronco is going back to it's heritage and competing directly with the Wrangler. Both the 2.3L inline 4 Turbo and 2.7L Twin Turbo V-6 motors are powerful and lighter than many V-8s. When 14psi of boost is applied it doubles the volumetric capacity of the motor. When that happens the 2.3L is a 4.6L and the 2.7L is a 5.4L. Think Ford didn't plan it that way? Plus forced air induction provides more torque.

Someone suggested the 4.6L V-8. It was only rated for 292HP/320 LB-ft.

The 2021 Bronco's base engine is a 2.3-liter turbo I-4 rated at 270 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque. the available 2.7-liter twin-turbo V-6 that's good for 310 hp and 400 lb-ft.

It's funny that folks are complaining that both motors aren't enough. That's better than V-8's just a decade ago. Don't forget the little turbos torque comes in much earlier than the NA motors & that's important for off roading. For those in high altitudes the Turbos do even better.

There isn't a V-8 in the raptor right now.

The only motor in the Fiat Wrangler more powerful is the Italian made Diesel that isn't doing well in reliability.

I too was surprised at the low towing rating when the 2.3L Turbo Ford Ranger is rated at towing 7,500lbs. There is something called "Towing Capability" on the options list for the Bronco. Maybe with the 2.7 TT V-6 you get more?

Remember it is competing with the Wrangler which has a tow rating of 2,000 to 3,500lbs.

Yes on all of this. Love the EcoBoosts and the potential. The 2.7L Nano platform motor is a beast. People will be pleasantly surprised by it! It will out perform anything that FCA has without making the thing even more nose heavy, like the Hemi powered wranglers that are probably coming.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
C'mon @Artie ,
Don't bail on the Navi! Put some real tires on it and a Bilstein lift and it will get you to at least 80% the same places a 200 would go. Unless you are talking about a fully built one with custom bumpers that will allow better approach angles. Plus when you start hitting the hills the EB will run circles around a NA V8. Especially with the conqueror on the back. I have to say, when I had the Raptor in Colorado I used 4wd no more than 10 min. I did have fresh tires but there is A LOT to see without hitting the Rubicon.
We’ll be keeping the Navigator and building out a Land Cruiser. The EB power would be missed, especially at elevation... but we would re-gear the Cruiser, 3x lockers, 40 gal aux fuel tank, bumpers and skids. We would have a trail car and a daily ride. We are the type that like getting to the other 20% of places.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes on all of this. Love the EcoBoosts and the potential. The 2.7L Nano platform motor is a beast. People will be pleasantly surprised by it! It will out perform anything that FCA has without making the thing even more nose heavy, like the Hemi powered wranglers that are probably coming.

I think people get hung up on the displacement... 2.7 sounds anemic AF and most people don’t know any better. The first time I saw an ‘ecoboost’ badge I thought it was some lame high MPG engine. It’s a terrible name for a wonderfully powerful power plant.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Artie
Excellent. Can't wait to follow the build. I was 50/50 on getting a cruiser or the Navi so I totally get it. Well I hope I can swing an invite to 100s in the Hills when you get it built! I always wanted to attend one when I had my 4Runner but never made it.

I have never understood the idea that all Ford Turbo motors get the same name...