Tow Package or No?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
9000-9200, but you have to add the trailer brake controller. ~$500 as a dealer installed option

theoldwizard1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On the 3rd Gen, the tow package include an upgraded radiator, auxiliary trans cooler and the 3.73 rear axle ratio.

Are these no longer included in the 4th Gen tow package ?

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On the 3rd Gen, the tow package include an upgraded radiator, auxiliary trans cooler and the 3.73 rear axle ratio. Are these no longer included in the 4th Gen tow package ?
The towing package doesn't bring the aux trans cooler, as I believe it's now standard. But X Bronco Owner's question is prompted by the fact that the FX4 package also gets you the 3.73 rear axle and the upgraded radiator. The only thing the FX4 package doesn't bring is the ITB and the Pro-trailer Backup assist.

This is a differentiator compared to the Z71 Suburban/Tahoe as the Z71 comes with the 3.42 rear axle and no towing package option. So the FX4 ends up with 50% more towing capacity vs the Z71.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So did it work out? Is there a simple write up for adding the brake controller?
Simple:

Step 1) Contact Dealer and schedule appointment
Step 2) Drop Expedition off at the appointed time.
Step 3) Wait
Step 4) Pay dealer ~$540

:p

iexpylongtime

Reaction score
Anyone with experience towing 29 ft TT with Expy Max XLT wo HD Tow package, 3.31 Rear axle.
TT specs :
Empty 5,060
Max 6,500
hitch : 600lbs

LyoddChrissmiss

Reaction score
I guessing no slides on dat 29’ trailer. Sounds kinda light.
Anyways based on the numbers your giving, she will do it.
Get a good quality WDH and some sumo spings and camp away.

I pull a 26’ Forest River TT 5900 Dry, 7100 loaded. I have a 20’ XLT non HD with added brake controller. I take it easy but never any issues.