Towing mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My factory mirrors were rock solid.. :/

Ha. I guess I just got a bad set or they could be like because I have been a bit rough on them, one struck a mailbox at about 30 miles per hour and I changed the mirror glass which made that side not wobble as much but on the drivers side the glass from the factory is where my rattle is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess it's a good thing you don't have the tow mirrors then or else you might hit every mailbox around [emoji1] my mirrors were pretty solid if I remember right too. Maybe the rattle doesn't bother me as much because it's similar to how my mirrors shake a bit on my F150 although I think the Expy even with the TT mirrors shakes less I think. Either way it is way better than on my old F350 diesel- I couldn't even recognize the shape of cars in them it was so bad lol.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it's a good thing you don't have the tow mirrors then or else you might hit every mailbox around [emoji1] my mirrors were pretty solid if I remember right too. Maybe the rattle doesn't bother me as much because it's similar to how my mirrors shake a bit on my F150 although I think the Expy even with the TT mirrors shakes less I think. Either way it is way better than on my old F350 diesel- I couldn't even recognize the shape of cars in them it was so bad lol.

Haha yeah cman my old Hummer's mirror were attached with a long arm kind of like a jeep and those things shook like crazy I couldn't even see where I had been... Definitely perfectly happy with Expedition's mirrors but it's just time for an upgrade

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Haha yeah cman my old Hummer's mirror were attached with a long arm kind of like a jeep and those things shook like crazy I couldn't even see where I had been... Definitely perfectly happy with Expedition's mirrors but it's just time for an upgrade

I can imagine they would have. I've never driven one but I've seen em before. I wouldn't think they would shake that badly. I would still go with tow mirrors over the smaller 3rd gen mirrors and you can fold them in on the trail if needed but I could see how it would be a pain to do it all the time.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can imagine they would have. I've never driven one but I've seen em before. I wouldn't think they would shake that badly. I would still go with tow mirrors over the smaller 3rd gen mirrors and you can fold them in on the trail if needed but I could see how it would be a pain to do it all the time.

Yeah well I'll see not time for the mirrors yet maybe after June after I get the tires on [emoji41]

SFCJones321

Reaction score
these wont fit a 2nd Gen will it?
Ebay and 1AAUTO have the same mirrors 2003-2010. They offer puddle, turn signal, power upper mirror, heated.. And then the same as above but with memory also. They do not offer power fold. EBay is a few dollars cheaper..