Towing my '16 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fxdwg

Reaction score
I am towing my Expedition behind my motorhome and would like to set it up like I had my Explorer set up with all the lights functional. I had 1 connector at the front of the Explorer that I connected to and was able to have the running lights, turn signals and brake lights work while being controlled by the motorhome lights. I did that by connecting to the turn signal switch in the Explorer. Because everything seems to now be controlled thru various command modules, it doesn't look like I can do a simple hook up for the Expedition. I don't want to drill the rear tail light housings and install extra bulbs, as some people do.

Has anybody done this and if so, how did you go about completing it? I even had the Explorer set up to light an indicator light on the motorhome dash telling me the Explorer brakes had been applied as a safety feature. It really worked well. I'd like to do the same for the Expy.

OP
OP
F

fxdwg

Reaction score
Yep, got all that. I've been towing it now for 3 years with some add on lights and it tows very well. I'm just trying to clean up the whole system. I had my Explorer and my F150 set up with every thing and they worked well and had minimal fuss to hook them up. I'd like to do the same with the Expy. I've got a wiring diagram book coming, so hopefully that will provide the info needed.