Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would be paranoid that I’d be going down the freeway at 70mph and that thing comes loose and does $5,000 damage to the paint down the side of my expedition.
These hold really well - actually better than the rubber strap version. Not a concern as long as you clamp it tight enough. I've been using mine for ~9 years with no issues. They vibrate far less than the other (rubber strap) version I had first.

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah, I tried strap-ons with my Tacoma and they came loose in the first 100 miles.

anyways, I got the Milenco's I linked (overnight free shipping, gotta love Amazon Prime), and test fit one this afternoon, and the clamps fit nicely and seemed very secure. and THEY don't hit the window when the mirrors auto-fold when you park and lock the truck. A quick sit in my drivers seat at my driving position, and they seem to give a very wide field.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been using a pair of the rubber strap ones for almost 10 years on 3 different vehicles and they have been great. However, this spring while driving, one of the straps snapped and the mirror was gone. Prior to this incident, I never had any issues with them at all.

I am going to look at those clamp on style linked above.

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah, I tried strap-ons with my Tacoma and they came loose in the first 100 miles.

anyways, I got the Milenco's I linked (overnight free shipping, gotta love Amazon Prime), and test fit one this afternoon, and the clamps fit nicely and seemed very secure. and THEY don't hit the window when the mirrors auto-fold when you park and lock the truck. A quick sit in my drivers seat at my driving position, and they seem to give a very wide field.
I like this - the mirrors being able to power-fold with the extension mirrors installed. My passenger mirror does hit the window but only gently - doesn't move the mirror.