TPMS display on phone via BT OBD adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChiefsFanInMD

Reaction score
Hello. I have spent over an hour looking for a post I saw, so my apologies in advance.

I had seen a post, (believe it was from @LokiWolf), where the tire pressures were shown on a cell phone, by using a BT OBDII adapter and forscan

I have a 2017 Expy and doing it on the dash isn't possible, so this workaround is a great solution.

Does anyone have info on which combo of OBDII / software could make this a reality?

thanks

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello. I have spent over an hour looking for a post I saw, so my apologies in advance.

I had seen a post, (believe it was from @LokiWolf), where the tire pressures were shown on a cell phone, by using a BT OBDII adapter and forscan

I have a 2017 Expy and doing it on the dash isn't possible, so this workaround is a great solution.

Does anyone have info on which combo of OBDII / software could make this a reality?

thanks

Was just about to reply to your message, but figure answering here makes more sense, so others can see it.

You need a MSCAN capable OBDII BT adapter. I HIGHLY recommend a OBDLink MX+. It is one of the more expensive($99) out there, but is BT LE, and can work with iPhone, Android and Windows. If you have patience, it goes on sale on Amazon for $20 off every now and then.

I use to use it on my 17 for monitoring stuff with the FORSCAN mobile app, or OBDLink App(OBD Fusion app rebranded for OBDlink). I also used it paired with my Windows Laptop, and still do to do any FORSCAN changes. I have had mine connected to over 50 different cars at this point. It is A REALLY good adapter, and recommended by FORSCAN.

I used to monitor Boost, Coolant and Trans Temps, and Tire Pressure live when traveling.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score

thanks

ELM327 adapter and Torque Pro. I think I posted a screencap of my setup previously, but I can't find it.

OP
OP
ChiefsFanInMD

ChiefsFanInMD

Reaction score
Was just about to reply to your message, but figure answering here makes more sense, so others can see it.

You need a MSCAN capable OBDII BT adapter. I HIGHLY recommend a OBDLink MX+. It is one of the more expensive($99) out there, but is BT LE, and can work with iPhone, Android and Windows. If you have patience, it goes on sale on Amazon for $20 off every now and then.

I use to use it on my 17 for monitoring stuff with the FORSCAN mobile app, or OBDLink App(OBD Fusion app rebranded for OBDlink). I also used it paired with my Windows Laptop, and still do to do any FORSCAN changes. I have had mine connected to over 50 different cars at this point. It is A REALLY good adapter, and recommended by FORSCAN.

I used to monitor Boost, Coolant and Trans Temps, and Tire Pressure live when traveling.

thank you!