TPMS Receiver location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Okay Peeps, I have finally fixed my satellite radio and GPS, so I want to fix the random TPMS error messages that I get. I know all the transmitters in the 4 wheels are good (had a local shop scan each one and check the battery level (All >80% battery)) so I assume the problem is with the RF receiver. I understand that on my 08 Ford expedition EL, that there is a single central receiver, can anyone tell me where it is located and maybe what it looks like? I would like to check mine (look for corrosion or water entry) and if I can't find anything wrong, try and buy a used unit and see if that fixes my issue, I probably have to have Ford reprogram the replacement unit. The car is 14 years old, has covered almost 200K miles and never had a mechanical issue, but the electrics are slowly dying!! Hoping to keep it in fully working order for a few more years!!

Regards Gary

OP
OP
G

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just in case anyone else needs this information, the tpms receiver is not a separate unit on the 2008 expedition, it is built into the fuse box located down by the front passengers feet. The fuse box is called the SJB (Smart Junction Box) by Ford, and is quite easy to change, but irs very expensive and has to be programmed after changing..

just FYI.