TPMS sensors for 2010 Expedition Eddie Bauer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjstef

Reaction score
I've tried to search the forums but could find anything so if this info is already posted... sorry. I have at least one bad sensor in my 2010. Must be a dead battery. I'll be changing tires soon and want to order sensors for them but i'm having a hard time finding the right number. It seems as 2010's have a band sensor but places like Rock Auto list both types for the 2010. I would just a soon go with a stem sensor if possible. Will Motorcraft DE8T-1A180-AA work or not? Is a stem sensor even compatible?

Thanks for the help.......

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've tried to search the forums but could find anything so if this info is already posted... sorry. I have at least one bad sensor in my 2010. Must be a dead battery. I'll be changing tires soon and want to order sensors for them but i'm having a hard time finding the right number. It seems as 2010's have a band sensor but places like Rock Auto list both types for the 2010. I would just a soon go with a stem sensor if possible. Will Motorcraft DE8T-1A180-AA work or not? Is a stem sensor even compatible?

I would stay with the band sensors and you can get those part numbers by reading ebay ads, mainly it's the megahertz they use and there are about 3 different values. The banded ones all use the same mhz (can't remember what it is)..........study the ebay ads. You can also get a "learner" from ebay for about $15 that adds the TPMS's to the computer. You go through the motions (key off and on 3 times, step on brake or whatever that years does, then you go around to each wheel and press the button on it to "learn the computer" and the operation is shown in your cluster. There are videos on u-tube that show how to do it and it's much better than taking it to a dealer plus the gadget will tell you if there IS a dead battery........questions?

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mjstef

Reaction score
I would stay with the band sensors and you can get those part numbers by reading ebay ads, mainly it's the megahertz they use and there are about 3 different values. The banded ones all use the same mgz (can't remember what it is)..........study the ebay ads. You can also get a "learner" from ebay for about $15 that ads the TPMS's to the computer. You go through the motions (key off and on 3 times, step on brake or whatever that years does, then you go around to each wheel and press the button on it to "learn the computer" and the operation is shown in your cluster. There are videos on u-tube that show how to do it and it's much better than taking it to a dealer plus the gadget will tell you if there IS a dead battery........questions?

I have the learner and it works on 3 of the 4 tires thus the reason i think it has a dead battery in one....

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the learner and it works on 3 of the 4 tires thus the reason i think it has a dead battery in one....
I threw all mine in a sprinkler pipe, pressurized it, and used the programming/learning/activation tool to activate them...........works fine. It's zip tied near the spare. I think any of the banded ones will work in your car. Some of the later ones don't work until the wheel is spinning to save on batteries. The banded ones are better if you use fix - a - flat also

Last edited:

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Lynnii2

Full Access Members
Reaction score

https://www.shoptpms.com/2010_Ford_Expedition_TPMS_s/3769.htm. I replaced mine on my 2010 Ford Expedition