Trade in Expedition for Navigator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Id for sure wait for the 22 to get rid of the ancient rear suspension thats so pathetic on these 4th gens. I'm literally fed up with both of mine because of this $hit rear suspension geometry. Mines's better with the aftermarket sway bars, but heaved roads it flails around like a fish outta water yet. SUPPOSEDLY they copied GM's design and added another link to stop that sway and bump scrubbing.

Mac Attack

Reaction score
@mcb345
One thing I didn't see mentioned is the dealership experience between Lincoln and Ford. Obviously, quality for both vary all across the country, but something to consider based on your location.

Also, if my black label Navi needs service, I can have someone drop off a lincoln loaner at my home or work and take in my vehicle. I would never do that for a few reasons, but for some it may be another selling point.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@mcb345
One thing I didn't see mentioned is the dealership experience between Lincoln and Ford. Obviously, quality for both vary all across the country, but something to consider based on your location.

Also, if my black label Navi needs service, I can have someone drop off a lincoln loaner at my home or work and take in my vehicle. I would never do that for a few reasons, but for some it may be another selling point.

Same here, I'm afraid of the high school kid they might send to pick up my Black Label.

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I own a Navigator and am very happy with it. I love the 30 way seats.

Inflatable seat belts are optional on both the Expedition and Navigator. Get them if you want them. We like them, but don't have to deal with child seats.

We have a 2nd row bench on our Navigator. We special ordered and it is available on most trims.

OP
OP
M

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the info everyone. I’m having a few dealers price out the trade in value of my Expedition. If they all low ball me so they can make huge profits on the resale them I’m not even entertaining this trade.

It sounds like some love the Navigator and think it’s a good upgrade while others love their Expeditions (it is an Expedition forum so go figure!).

KJ-Idaho

Reaction score
It would be good to hear real world experience on service for Lincoln vs ford.

lincoln claims pickup/dropff of loaners and your vehicle.

my loaner experience with ford has been less than Stellar. For warranty issues, I have had one dealer say only an eco sport/only if one is available. Another said I am on my own (suggested Enterprise). The third after having my Expy for two days arranged a ranger 4 door 4Wd. All over the map.

thoughts?

S Mathieson

Reaction score
Hello All
I have both a Navigator reserve and an Expedition platinum.
Obviously more luxury and options in the Navigator, ride and quietness and warranty better etc. Both great vehicles
Cheers to all.

Proud Okie

Reaction score
I have a 2019 limited stealth expy. My wife has a 2018 Navigator. I am pleased with both of these and enjoy driving both. There are a lot of differences in the expy and the navi. I like driving my expy because of the look and the solid feeling of it. The Navigator is the softest, smoothest driving vehicle I've driven. I love the heads up display but enjoy the controls of my expy. Can't go wrong with either. Just a matter of choice and $.

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
…..But for long road trips, I want to be coddled in a NICE leather seat not a disappointing questionable materials "leather" seat. I also got the tan color interior (which I like more than black) but the color looks like it's straight out of 1999, not tan but more of an ugly tan. I'd love a nice saddle brown or light tan legit leather to sink in for an 8-12hr trip…

As others have mentioned, the Platinum trim is a good compromise on upgrading to the Lincoln for seating comfort /luxury.

I have the Medium Soft Ceramic color, which is basically white leather. I think the dark stain wood trim with white leather and charcoal gray/black hard surfaces really looks nice—and definitely more of a modern look than the old tan leather.

As far as comfort, they are massaging/heated/cooled… and they might not be up to LS460L standards, but I LOVE these seats. 12 hour trip? NO problem.

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It would be good to hear real world experience on service for Lincoln vs ford.

lincoln claims pickup/dropff of loaners and your vehicle.

my loaner experience with ford has been less than Stellar. For warranty issues, I have had one dealer say only an eco sport/only if one is available. Another said I am on my own (suggested Enterprise). The third after having my Expy for two days arranged a ranger 4 door 4Wd. All over the map.

thoughts?

Yep.. big difference here.
My local Ford dealership has provided me with a loaner probably five times over the last 2 years.
Every loaner was a tiny little EcoSport. Laughable.
However, they always have done quality work, and never once balked at my requests, or questioned the warranty coverage. So…

Even though it irritates me to drive the little clown cars.. and my neighbors poke fun at me claiming my Expy must have given birth in the driveway…. I guess I can get over it.