Transfer case motor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
When I had my windshield leak issue, one of my symptoms was 4x4 engaging from time to time. The only way to correct would be to turn the switch to 4x4 and back again. After doing this several times it would finally go back to AWD. Sometimes I would get a notification that 4x4 was on and other times I would not get any notification on the dash but could tell that 4x4 was active. Once the windshield was resealed, I never had the issue again.

OP
OP
R

RayBeakley

Reaction score
Sunday, I decided one more drive before going to shop. This time I drove over 50 mph. It binded again. When I finished shopping. I unplugged 104. And it was fine. I am surprised to hear about window leaks. It seems to be very common. I don't know if window replaced before I bought. Has never been an issue. We get heavy storms come up the coast. I have never had issues. It didn't figure after days in the garage. I didn't believe it would be wet. My scanner must not read drivetrain codes. The mechanic found a lot. The rear speed sensor is not working at all. And one in front. I think shaft speed sensor has issue also. I won't know all until I pick up tomorrow.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Usually any run of the mill scanner should pull up all codes, including drive train. As far as the windshield leak, all 97-02 had this problem. Hard to believe they let this leaking drag on for 5 years. Let us know if all is good when you get it back from shop.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

RayBeakley

Reaction score
So far so good. They replaced both speed sensors on transfer case. And one on the rear differential. Time will tell. I never updated my scanner online. Thought was to keep up with newer cars. I have used scanner on this vehicle in the past. When service engine soon light was on. Or flashing....Only happened once in 4 years. I am so happy is running good again. Thanks for the feedback. I've gotten help on here in the past. When I bought 4 years ago. You could get out of the drivers back door. (wd 40 the child locks) And I had a real hard shift cable. (nuetral switch) I appreciate You Guys.....Thanks