Transmission fluid change interval

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OpticonBill

Reaction score
On the topic of changing transmission fluid...I bought my 97 Eddie Bauer Expedition in 2000 with 63000 miles on it. Not knowing it's previous history I immediately had both the engine and transmission fluids flushed. Thereafter, followed recommend fluid maintenance. At 320000 miles I had to replace the transmission. The transmission shop could not rebuild the existing trans as it was too worn. Currently at just over 500k miles both engine and trans is still giving me good service. My 2019 XLT MAX, which I bought last October with 86k miles, I plan to have trans flushed at 100k. after which I will follow recommended fluid maintenance schedule. When checking fluid levels I also check the visual condition of the fluid.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im not even thinking about changing my fluid until Ford recommended interval of like 150,000 miles(?) I just feel like my tranny is fine now and if I have the dealer swap out the fluid they wont do it right and overfill/underfill it and create a issue with it..