Transmission leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is photo of the leak. The red is what leaks overnight (sometimes more) and the yellow is the coolant I put there for photo purp.
After all day at shop the shop told me they looked at the leak (red) and it was in fact a coolant leak. “In the turbo cooling line”.
This doesn’t make sense at all to me.
They did say repairs were beyond them and to take it to Ford.

Does your cooling system have the orange or yellow coolant installed?

The left turbo cooling line leaked on my 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4 (one of MANY defects repaired). It was repaired at a local Ford dealer under terms of my Ford Premium ESP.

I did not notice any coolant or fluid on the garage floor, but did notice a drop of 1-2 inches of coolant in the Degas bottle in a week. The technician broke on of the exhaust manifold studs during the repairs, so that was repaired also.

While in for repairs, the technician also determined the brake vacuum pump (mounted on the right rear of the engine) was leaking oil. It was replaced also, including a fitting.