Transmission rebuilt on 2019 Expedition by dealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Jake8

Reaction score
Yes, I think I will. I already have a pump, Im just hesitant thinking there might be a chance the transmission mechanic at the Ford dealership knows something I do not and just maybe he is intentionally adding more than shown in the charts online.

OldSchoolMec

Reaction score
Obviously, I am way over the recommended level. Should I take the car back to the dealership? The car is driving fine. I mean they did this 2x already. I would assume they would know what they are doing. I do not believe the pan was bad the first time around, I think the transmission fluid leaked because they overfilled the first time so why make the same mistake again? Im so confused.

To the guy that is asking why I had it rebuilt... Its not my SUV, its all new Expeditions! All of them. You are about to hit 60k miles and your powertrain warranty will end. Depending on when you bought the vehicle, you might even be within your last few months of powertrain warranty. Do not wait another day and go get that transmission rebuilt or replaced! You were meant to read this message! Your transmission will very soon give up and the cost is easily over $13k without warranty.
I have my 2019 Expy Max in the shop now with 45k on it having the transmission rebuilt and yes I would take it back to the dealer. All you need is for this thing to go out again when its not covered. BTW, did they give you any extended warranty on the power train in general or just a dealer warranty for 12k miles?

BlakeMAX2019

Reaction score
Obviously, I am way over the recommended level. Should I take the car back to the dealership? The car is driving fine. I mean they did this 2x already. I would assume they would know what they are doing. I do not believe the pan was bad the first time around, I think the transmission fluid leaked because they overfilled the first time so why make the same mistake again? Im so confused.

To the guy that is asking why I had it rebuilt... Its not my SUV, its all new Expeditions! All of them. You are about to hit 60k miles and your powertrain warranty will end. Depending on when you bought the vehicle, you might even be within your last few months of powertrain warranty. Do not wait another day and go get that transmission rebuilt or replaced! You were meant to read this message! Your transmission will very soon give up and the cost is easily over $13k without warranty.
100% ! Our 2019 tranny was just rebuilt with 40kmi. It was causing a “neutral out complete loss of power”, there’s a TSB on it…did it at highway speeds…scary! Reading the receipt, metal pieces inside and warped plates…good times!

So far, the MAX has had 3 rear end issues, rebuilt transmission, cam phaser engine tear down. This will be my last Ford product.

BTW, I’m pretty sure most Expeditions have the rear end issue. Most probably don’t notice it. It’s a knock/clunk while coasting down, you’ll hear a knock from the rear end usually from 20-15mph slow downs. We’ve had ours done 3 times now. Will be getting rid of this car the year before the warranty expires.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65