Transmission slipping?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dexter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2006 Expedition Limited with 165,000 miles on it. I don't think the transmission has ever had any work done to it. When I'm going about 60 MPH and try to accelerate, I can feel the car jerking a little...for the longest time I just though I was hitting bumps on the road until recently I figured out that I "hit bumps" everytime I accelerate past 60! Lol! So its the transmission. Also when I'm going about 60 and I floor it, the transmission slips REALLY bad. I've almost got into accidents trying to pass someone because my transmission slips and my engine just revs up like if it was in neutral. What do you guys think the issue is?

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I would guess that either your 2nd or 3rd gear band is slipping. Depends on which gear it is dropping into. Unfortunately if this is the case the only real fix is to rebuild tranny.

My tranny is being pulled as we speak :(

Last edited:

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Tom, which trans do you have? are you having any thing special done to it, like Kevlar clutches? packing and extra clutch in..firming up shifts?

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Tom, which trans do you have? are you having any thing special done to it, like Kevlar clutches? packing and extra clutch in..firming up shifts?

4R100. Having guy that builds racing trannys (built C4 in my mustang) go thru it. I asked him to give me recommendations and $$ based on what he finds. He knows my intentions and goals with the Expy..

Last edited: