Travel trailer overall length with '21 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig Payne

Reaction score
You’ll be totally fine and it sounds like you already have the knowledge and experience to manage the weight and tow experience effectively. I tow a 33’ Passport with my stock Expedition Max with the HD tow package. Also use the Equalizer and as long as the weight is setup effectively, it’s a solid experience. I’ve taken it 10’s of thousands of miles across much of the western US and it has never let me down from stretches of hot dessert or multiple mountain passes.

I second the post above about checking what an installer does if you haven’t already. Our RV dealer installed the Equalizer and the setup was terrible initially. I measured it myself after the first tow wasn’t great and it was only distributing at about 16%, nowhere close to the 50% minimum Equalizer requires in the manual. After fixing it, it’s fantastic. I’ll attach a picture, the trailer isn’t hitched up in it but you can see the general length comparison.

Hope that helps!

IMG_1279.jpeg

JVinOlathe

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my current Lance 1985 TT (23'8") with a longer 28'10" TT. The Lance had a GVWR of 6000# and the new TT has a GVWR of 7000# but is 5 feet longer. Any concerns pulling a 29' trailer with a non-Max Expo?
Try this video, it's the best I have found and has all the information you will need to tow safely. Remember that towing/pulling the weight is seldom the issue, the bigger issue is topping with all that weight behind you. Also, keep in mind that if you are considered to be overladed based on trailer and cargo weight, your insurance company can deny a claim. The stated maximum capacity and what you can actually tow safely are two different things.

Tyra

Reaction score
I tow a 28” TT with my 2022 limited (not max) with max tow package. I use a 4point equalizer hitch and it tows great. Biggest issue you will probably have is keeping under your trucks payload. If you have a big family and lots of stuff in the truck you will need to keep an eye on weight. Im just one maybe 2 people and some medium sized dogs. Most of my stuff goes in the trailer. When trailer fully loaded im at about 6400# and a tongue weight of about. 700#. (Max is 900 for the expedition). I will say if your hitch isn’t set up properly you can for sure tell a difference.

veneza

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my current Lance 1985 TT (23'8") with a longer 28'10" TT. The Lance had a GVWR of 6000# and the new TT has a GVWR of 7000# but is 5 feet longer. Any concerns pulling a 29' trailer with a non-Max Expo?
I’ve added to our 33’ rig about 17k miles without any issues, when in the mountains the truck fills the weight and you can definitely smell the brakes but overall it handles nicely. I have a 18 limited Max with the HD Tow package and we’re about 7200 all in with our Passport TT and a family of 4 but all goes inside the camper.
Just a heads up, get yourself a decent weight distribution (we have the equalizer).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire