Trim under drivers mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bain64

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What can I do to improve the appearance of the trim under the driver's window? If aerosol plasti dip is the answer, how do I mask the numpad?

xJI2FS8.jpg

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What can I do to improve the appearance of the trim under the driver's window? If aerosol plasti dip is the answer, how do I mask the numpad?

xJI2FS8.jpg

Vinyl wrap

3M 1080 black or gloss black or brushed metal finishes

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll look into it!

Just dont get tempted by other brands, some of em look nice... but are hell to work with because they're pretty much inflexible contact paper that cracks instead of bending or stretching.

3M is stretchy.

OP
OP
Bain64

Bain64

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Adieu. I think I'm choosing the 3m 1080 in matte black color. I believe 15 years ago when the truck was new it was closer to a gloss, but if I replace it with gloss now it probably won't match the rear under-window trim.

Plati

Reaction score
My 2003 has the same deal, for many many years. Buddy at work used to rag me about it so I decided I like it. It matches the paint falling off the hood and tailgate, the rusted out quarter panels & wheel wells, the seats that are self destructing, etc. I had thought about using a razor blade and taking the rest of it off, then using a wire brush to polish it.. If I tried to fix all that crap on that vehicle, It would look nice when I tow it to the salvage yard in a year or 3. But, this vehicle is my work truck so I kind of want to look like a leftover from Mad Max. It gets me where I want to go and back is all I care about. I can park it downtown and nobody will break into it. I don't have to worry about a parking lot ding.

Not that I'm advising you to adopt the same philosophy.

OP
OP
Bain64

Bain64

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2003 has the same deal, for many many years. Buddy at work used to rag me about it so I decided I like it. It matches the paint falling off the hood and tailgate, the rusted out quarter panels & wheel wells, the seats that are self destructing, etc. I had thought about using a razor blade and taking the rest of it off, then using a wire brush to polish it.. If I tried to fix all that crap on that vehicle, It would look nice when I tow it to the salvage yard in a year or 3. But, this vehicle is my work truck so I kind of want to look like a leftover from Mad Max. It gets me where I want to go and back is all I care about. I can park it downtown and nobody will break into it. I don't have to worry about a parking lot ding.

Not that I'm advising you to adopt the same philosophy.
I took the spirit of your reply and invited my 5 y/o daughter to take a sharpie and fill it in! Doesn't look like factory, but the fix was free!

Plati

Reaction score
I bet she enjoyed it and will look at it with pride knowing she fixed daddy's truck for him. Never know where this will lead. You may have an artist in the making!

Unfortunately I don't think it will last too long, I actually used a sharpie on mine when it started years ago