Trouble with stereo extended play on 2018 Expy-no effect after mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edistobob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I made the Forscan modification per the Expy spreadsheet that is supposed to adjust the stereo extended play timeout, but my stereo still cuts off at the 10-minute mark. Mine is a 2018 Plat Max, but I'm hoping someone who has gotten this to work on anything can help me find out why my change did not work. The spreadsheet says: "Stereo Extended Play (Drive-In Movie Mode) APIM 7D0-01-01 : xx?x xxxx xxxx Change ? To: A-Off, 2-20 minutes, 3-30 minutes, 4-40 minutes, 5-50 minutes, 6-60 minutes."
I made the change in Forscan, changing the "?" position to a "6"; originally it was a "2". But the timeout was and still is at 10 minutes. Any ideas out there?

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bob, just to confirm...when you made the change were you able to write/save the change with no errors?

And then did you try turning the vehicle off and disconnect your FORScan device from the truck? When you reconnect FORScan to your vehicle is the code in that APIM line changed, or did it return to the default setting?

OP
OP
E

Edistobob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bob, just to confirm...when you made the change were you able to write/save the change with no errors?

And then did you try turning the vehicle off and disconnect your FORScan device from the truck? When you reconnect FORScan to your vehicle is the code in that APIM line changed, or did it return to the default setting?

Yes, the change was written with no errors. I turned the vehicle off, disconnected, tested several times. Yes, I did reconnect ForScan later to confirm that the line had changed; it did not default to the original setting.

Something especially interesting to note: the default setting implies that the timed cutoff is at 20 minutes; however, mine cuts off at 10 minutes even after making the Forscan change, exactly as described on page 409 of the second edition of the owners manual (page 417 of the new edition 3). It seems to me that this line just does not apply to the 2018 Expy, or that something else in the module is at play. The original module line supposedly sets the timeout to 20 minutes; yet 10 minutes is what is actually happening.

OP
OP
E

Edistobob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think I cleared up my confusion. In order to test the extended stereo play I needed to first cycle the accessories delay off by opening and closing a door, then use the stereo knob to turn the radio back on for the extended time. (Found these instructions in the 2017 Super Duty spreadsheet). However, with just the radio on without accessory power there is no wifi hotspot, which is what I was trying to accomplish.

So, I continue to try to find a way to keep the hotspot on longer than the default 10 minutes the accessory power stays on. Any ideas? I spotted also in the Super Duty spreadsheet a possible way to disable the battery monitor system which is supposed to leave the power on. I think I will try that next. The notes say it may not work, however.

Can anyone confirm? Anyone know of any other way to extend the accessory power timeout?

Thanks.

APCO_P25

Reaction score
Something especially interesting to note: the default setting implies that the timed cutoff is at 20 minutes; however, mine cuts off at 10 minutes even after making the Forscan change.

Hello
after the first cutoff (these is not yet the extended play!) push only the Radio Vol/on Button then the Radio works in the extended play the time you programmed. You can also go to extended play after shut off the Engine and open the door (the Radio goes off) ore you goes the first time in the car and without push the Engine on/off Button, with one push on the Radio Vol/on Button ;-)