true cold air vs cold air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, I've been wanting to heat wrap my intake, but didn't know what to use, or if the difference would even be noticeable.

I've considered painting it (the tube) either white or metallic, or maybe wrapping it exhaust wrap (but that was kinnda expensive.)

Hunter You know, E-Fans. I've been considering getting some, probably building my own kit. Supposedly, they free up HP by taking off the mechanical fan, and turning the electrical ones only when needed.

Then again, I have heard that they can cause problems with the alternator because of the added load. But then again, the fans shouldn't be turning on unless you're in stop and go traffic. ;)

CrackerExpy

Reaction score
Vato, exhaust wrap is probably the best way to go as far as insulating your intake. Another option I've seen is an intake wrap from like the one in this link. HTH.

Also the e-fans don't put a heavy load because they don't draw that much current. That shouldn't be a problem. They do, however, free up power because there is less of a parasitic load on the engine.

Last edited: