TSB 19-2162 Power Liftgate Opens And/Or Closes Uncommanded While In PARK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This happened yesterday and hit my wife in the head. We were unloading pizzas for the hospital she works at. I assumed her foot accidentally activated the tailgate....I will put it on the list of stuff for the next warranty service.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I assumed her foot accidentally activated the tailgate....
This is most likely what happened. It seems like it opens 100% of the time when its least convenient. Try hooking up a trailer... guaranteed to open at least 3 times into your face.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is most likely what happened. It seems like it opens 100% of the time when its least convenient. Try hooking up a trailer... guaranteed to open at least 3 times into your face.

Hooking up my trailer is the only time I guarantee the darn thing opens...

I have found that if I kick the spare near the trailer reciever it will open most of the time :D

WrekEE

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. Mine keeps closing on us whenever we are unloading....Its hit us a few times already!

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This has been driving me crazy since boating season and now dune season is ready to start. I am seriously thinking about adding a switch and mount it to the back bumper somewhere. It’s really handy when you need it. But I am constantly hooking and unhooking trailers. And it loves to open and close when I don’t want it to. I wonder if intercepting the power wire for the sensor would work? Run it to a switch I could flip on and off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay Dubs

Reaction score
This has been driving me crazy since boating season and now dune season is ready to start. I am seriously thinking about adding a switch and mount it to the back bumper somewhere. It’s really handy when you need it. But I am constantly hooking and unhooking trailers. And it loves to open and close when I don’t want it to. I wonder if intercepting the power wire for the sensor would work? Run it to a switch I could flip on and off.

What the heck is dune season?

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score

:anitoof: What ppl in UT do since they don't pay CT 8k-26K property taxes!

Enjoy CT property tax season Jay! I moved to GA from Trumbull, CT. I don't miss the yearly 12k tax & sewer assessment (going up every year too)!

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score

One of the funnest things you can do on 2,3 and 4 wheels. It’s to hot at the sand dunes in the summer so the season starts when the temps start dropping and goes until there is snow on the ground in Utah. Glamis CA has a big party over thanksgiving weekend to celebrate the kick off of dune season.
3a181a30968216593c7a4a0bf92b2ae3.jpg