TSB for replacing the blower control module?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Miekk

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wednesday morning bump. Anyone got any ideas if my issues are related to this TSB ? Thanks.

Based on reading through the actual provided TSB, I'd say no.
Where it blows is not probably not related to how fast it blows. The best way is to bring it to your dealer, get it diagnosed and get a quote to fix it.

AggieFCO

Reaction score
Thanks. The only problem we have is that the problem is so infrequent that it would be impossible for the dealership to diagnose. Guess I'll just have to wait for something more frequent...or hopefully the problem will go away.

ptmares

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just replaced the Heater Blower Controller Module. Wish every part change was that easy. Now wait and see if it fixes the intermittent problem.

wadesdad

Reaction score
Eatc tsb

Wanted to take my wife's '10 Navigator to the "homeland" (Detroit, MI) for the '14 Autoshow, but her HVAC blower fan was intermittent. I did did my own version of the TSB with parts I had already -a red wire nut, black tape and a ring terminal to the wire and existing ground lug. I like to try the simplest solutions first. It worked great and was WAY cheaper than a new resistor. My thoughts were that the resistor was good because most of the time the fan worked as intended.

Discobee

Reaction score
I just wanna say thank you for this thread...I had this issue, ordered a new part via Amazon.com for $70, and then replaced the part following the instructions here. Very simple, took me just under 15 minutes to do.

Barjrob1972

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just had the plugs changed and had the dealership do this TSB as well. My 07 EL was driving me nuts with the ETAC either turning off and then back on after a few seconds or sticking on high speed. I would have to kill the truck and restart to reset the system.
So far, so good.

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Applicable for 2012?

Do I need to do the TSB for my 2012, or just replace the control module and be done with it?

Champdds

Reaction score
1) The old part number 7C3Z-19E624-C has been replaced by 9L3Z19E624B and no longer requires the rewiring TSB in previous posts.

2) $52 from Tousely Ford

3) TSB's are NEVER paid for by the dealer unless you are within your factory warranty, extended warranty that may have been added by Ford to the effected parts reguarding your particular situation or they are generous for whatever reason they deem fit.

Thank you.

When I go to order the 9L3Z-19e624B that you mentioned is the replacement, I have advised on a we site that this is not compatible with my 2007 expedition el? Thoughts !

David

loelyf

Reaction score
Does this affect the rear air/blower at all? My rear blower has been intermittent for the last 2 years. Front cut out for the 1st time yesterday, but started working again a mile down the road.

Champdds

Reaction score
Does this affect the rear air/blower at all? My rear blower has been intermittent for the last 2 years. Front cut out for the 1st time yesterday, but started working again a mile down the road.

They are two independent systems I believe..

I purchased a replacement module for the front system from Pep Boys (Got a good deal with online ordering discount)...part fit perfectly, but a little different operation from the OEM it seems...1) There is a delay of about 2 seconds after starting the ignition for the fan to start, and 2) If I put the fan speed on the very highest setting, the fan will shut off after about 3 seconds...I have to hit OFF and then adjust the fan speed down one level and it works fine...I little odd glitch from the original, but livable

David