Tuned Expedition vs. stock Mustang GT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is a fun video with Andre from the Fast Lane Truck. I'm glad 5 Star has a couple of Expeditions in their fleet to help them dial in their tunes. I've been pleased with my 93 tune and it was nice to be able to discuss Expedition specifics with 5 Star at the time that I ordered.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This one has about 100 extra hp on top your 93 tune. We’ve got another discussion on this in thread titled 650 crank hp

OP
OP
scottdm

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This one has about 100 extra hp on top your 93 tune. We’ve got another discussion on this in thread titled 650 crank hp

Video was newly posted yesterday, so thought some may enjoy seeing it. Wasn't able to find the other thread you mention.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Video was newly posted yesterday, so thought some may enjoy seeing it. Wasn't able to find the other thread you mention.
Ah gotcha. How unliking ur 93 perf? Got any revisions done yet?

OP
OP
scottdm

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been primarily using the 93 towing/daily driving tune and I've been pleased with the results. I like that the various driving modes (eco, sport, normal, etc) still offer distinct attributes within the tune that is being run. Overall, the throttle response and shifting behaviors are more responsive, which is a noticeable improvement. I did add the JLT catch can, but that is all so far. I may do a cold air intake at some point, but am pleased with the current performance, so we'll see.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been primarily using the 93 towing/daily driving tune and I've been pleased with the results. I like that the various driving modes (eco, sport, normal, etc) still offer distinct attributes within the tune that is being run. Overall, the throttle response and shifting behaviors are more responsive, which is a noticeable improvement. I did add the JLT catch can, but that is all so far. I may do a cold air intake at some point, but am pleased with the current performance, so we'll see.
If you do the intake, make sure you datalog or it will be for nothing

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just used sport mode for the first time since I tuned it. I didn't think it would make much difference, but as Ron white said" and I was wrong". Had guy in a hemi ram thought he was a hot dog the expedition barked the tires shifting and showed him taillights really quick.

Last edited:
OP
OP
scottdm

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just used sport mode for the first time since I tuned it. I didn't think it would make much difference, but as Ron white said" and I was wrong". Had guy in a hemi ram thought he was a hot dog the expedition barked the tires shifting and showed him taillights really quick.

Nice! Are you running the 93 towing/daily driving tune, or the 93 performance tune? I've noticed I have to disable traction control for any spirited driving since it intervenes way too early.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Video is bull$hit. Expedition has a new intake, intercooler and 'high flow' cats, E50 fuel. Lets see a stock Expedition(with a tune only on pump gas), vs. a stock Mustang. The power to weight ratio alone says this doesn't make sense. 2,000lbs more, come on? Can someone from Ford weigh in?