Tuned Expedition vs. stock Mustang GT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Video is bull$hit. Expedition has a new intake, intercooler and 'high flow' cats, E50 fuel. Lets see a stock Expedition(with a tune only on pump gas), vs. a stock Mustang. The power to weight ratio alone says this doesn't make sense. 2,000lbs more, come on? Can someone from Ford weigh in?

They said Stock Mustang GT vs modified Expedition it was a fair title. Yes an ethanol tuned or modified 5.0 would have left the Expedition back but key word is Stock. The Expedition still only beat the GT by about 5 feet with all the work done, and in the 1/4 mile the stock GT would have won looking at how it starts running the Expedition down toward the end. They don’t want to show their modified press truck getting spanked by a stock car, hence the short run.

Last edited:
OP
OP
scottdm

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Obviously lots of factors at play, but just for fun to show off their ecoboost mods.

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
93 performance tune , I also have the daily and towing tune but 5 star said run the performance tune.
All the modifications were listed.what would Ford know about the tunes

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Video is bull$hit. Expedition has a new intake, intercooler and 'high flow' cats, E50 fuel. Lets see a stock Expedition(with a tune only on pump gas), vs. a stock Mustang. The power to weight ratio alone says this doesn't make sense. 2,000lbs more, come on? Can someone from Ford weigh in?
We’ve already established this in a previous thread, clown. A win is a win

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
93 performance tune , I also have the daily and towing tune but 5 star said run the performance tune.
All the modifications were listed.what would Ford know about the tunes
He’s just being himself, gotta ask ford since he knows nothing about ecoboosts as he’s never owned one

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
dude you need to take a reading comprehension course!!!

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
dude you need to take a reading comprehension course!!!
That 'video' was about as real as Dirty Harry. It probably had $4K in work done, to equal an 1/8 mile speed of 90mph. I will run my 2011 Mustang Gt against any 'new', stock Expedition. You guys are dreamers. I drove a V6 Expedition, its peppy maybe, not race fast. Not even close. Drive a 5.0l Mustang and report back.