Tuner...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Schwab

Reaction score
what brand of tuners is everyone is using, and why ? Are there any tuners with good canned tunes ?
93 perf tune, 5 star tuning and an sct x4, 2016 Platinum EL 3” lift on 35s

Smokes tires effortlessly and really pulls hard. 20lbs of boost I might addnover stock 12ish

OP
OP
Okgearhead

Okgearhead

Reaction score
Hey Lokiwolf, can you tell me more about the Hypertech you’re using , can you download custom tunes to it ? It’s almost 100 dollars cheaper than the SCT X4 at 4-Wheel parts.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Lokiwolf, can you tell me more about the Hypertech you’re using , can you download custom tunes to it ? It’s almost 100 dollars cheaper than the SCT X4 at 4-Wheel parts.

Sure.

No custom Tunes. Only what it comes with. There are several adjustments you can make. Throttle Mapping and Shifting has several levels, and you can choose Performance Throttle, with Sport Shifting. You can also affect shift points. You set fuel, like 87 up to 93, then set the other settings.

I run 93, with Performance setting for Throttle and Shifting, and shift points at -100 RPM. I was having issues with it hitting redline when shifting under WOT and pulling fuel, so I did the -100. No issues since then.

I like that it can change TPMS setting and affect the Speedo. I was a BETA tester for the Expedition Tuning. At first the Shifting was not much better than Stock, but I worked with one of their Engineers and they have made significant improvements.

If you are looking for the best or most power it is not what I recommend. Go with Livernois, Unleashed, or 5-Star. It is good for the money though!

Also, look on Amazon, I have seen the price go below $300 a few times...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Okgearhead

Okgearhead

Reaction score
Thanks Lokiwolf, I bought the Hypertech at 4-Wheel parts this morning, I was going to go with the SCT, But I really didn’t need custom tunes. I don’t wanna race my Expedition, I just want to be able to do simple tunes, thanks again !

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks Lokiwolf, I bought the Hypertech at 4-Wheel parts this morning, I was going to go with the SCT, But I really didn’t need custom tunes. I don’t wanna race my Expedition, I just want to be able to do simple tunes, thanks again !

Glad to help!

Make sure you hook it to your computer and download the software and do an update before tuning your truck! They do updates fairly regularly. Most don’t affect the Expy Tune, but a few have. Can’t do the update if the Tune is currently loaded on the Truck, so do updates before. I periodically return to Stock and hook up to laptop for updates.

Follow directions carefully on the Tuner when doing the upload to your vehicle. There is a fair amount of turn on/turn off, press yes steps. It is VERY thorough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Okgearhead

Okgearhead

Reaction score
Thanks Lokiwolf, I did the update before I loaded a tune, haven’t got to drive it much, just about a five mile round trip to get gas. Thanks again.