Turbo engine intake cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did a search but did not find this posted. Here's a car guy showing a rather easy way to clean intake valves on a GDI (only, as opposed the new version of turbo motor with gas injection added to clean the intake valves). He's even doing it on a Ford.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This has been discussed on here quite a bit. Lots of differing opinions. Most guys on here will try to talk you out of doing it saying it could destroy the turbos.

Me personally I don’t know.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From what I've HEARD, some sprays are destructive to the catalytic converters but considering that most chemicals in sprays convert & combine into other molecules while being combusted ......any remaining chems should be ok......but as 07 admitted, I don't know for sure either....

jeff

OP
OP
C

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's specifically designed for turbo motors so I can imagine they could be sued if damaging. Then again if you don't follow the instructions.....

Also there are so many work trucks, vans and cars with an ecoboost motor that will never get a induction cleaning or oil catch can, we will surely find out the results of is it really a problem at all.