Turbo seems much louder now.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jettix2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have our Expy back while dealer is getting parts to fix laundry list of issues currently. One is a turbo that's leaking oil.......we have wastegate rattle also. I know at least 1 turbo will be replaced, not sure on the other.

I thought the turbos seemed louder than normal under boost when I drove it a few days ago.......wife called me last night and asked why the turbos seem so loud all of a sudden. Coincidence? I did some searching and didn't find much.

Any thoughts? 74k on the clock..,

bbenz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
By any chance is the engine cover still on? I know when I removed mine from my F150 they were louder but I didn't mind it.

Tuck

Reaction score
Did they forget to put your air filter back in? Did they loosen anything on the exhaust side of the turbos they may have forgotten to retighten? That will leak sound as well as exhaust.

OP
OP
J

Jettix2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They haven't done the repairs yet, just ordered parts. Does not appear that they've torn anything down yet....