Turn Signals Relays Yes or No?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CymruArgie

Reaction score
Hi guys! I am new here. I had several Fords in the past from my very first Ford Falcon (In Argentina), but this is my first truck of sorts. Expedition 2006 XLS with 111k on it.

The turn signals blink real fast. They all work, so it is not probably a bulb, surely not a burnt bulb. The hazar flashers blink at a more regular speed, but not so the turning signals.

I read some forums and such and some were suggesting the relay might be bad and needs changing. But then again some others pointed out that Expeditions do not have relays for those lights and it is all in a circuit behind the steering column. Then I found the fuse/relay box in my vehicle, and the manual says relay # 2 among other things control the turning/hazard lights.

So, here I am, more confused than Adam oin mother's day.

Any idea, suggestion?

Thank you all!
JC

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My '04 did this & I had to pull the rear bulbs and clean the contacts + greased the socket with dielectric grease. Still working great now!!

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe your model does NOT have a relay, this usually occurs when someone changes the regular bulbs for LED bulbs, the LED bulbs take a lot less current and the car thinks you have a blown bulb, so it flashes quickly to let you know you have a blown bulb. If you are using regular bulbs, then it is probably a bad contact (remove each bulb, clean the contacts and reinstall with di-electric grease, if you have fitted LED bulbs, then you have to get someone with a programmer to change a setting in the car setup to turn off the fast flash. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
C

CymruArgie

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies! Gary, that is my confusion because I read that this model does not have a relay, but the manual shows one, and it is in the fuse box, unless the manual is incorrect. However, I will try the cleaning bulbs contacts trick and see what happens, and then replace the relay that might exist or not (LoL).

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
could be a bulb about to go out? crazy as it sounds that was the case with me once...someone said a bulb is about to go and when i changed them the prob went away