Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ya’ll are a bunch of comedians. I am a Systems Admin for a Large Private School. I am busier now than I was before all the craziness. Supporting students and teachers remote learning has kept me BUSY!

20022 Does appear to be better than 20021, and 13.4 Update for iOS helped too it appears.

Still honestly think either of the 2002X are still a bit less stable than 19274. Ran 19274 for months with VERY Few lockups or glitches.

My honest impressions. If you don’t need the new Map Data that comes with 20022 from CyanLabs and you are currently running 19274, I would stay there. More updates will come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ya’ll are a bunch of comedians. I am a Systems Admin for a Large Private School. I am busier now than I was before all the craziness. Supporting students and teachers remote learning has kept me BUSY!

20022 Does appear to be better than 20021, and 13.4 Update for iOS helped too it appears.

Still honestly think either of the 2002X are still a bit less stable than 19274. Ran 19274 for months with VERY Few lockups or glitches.

My honest impressions. If you don’t need the new Map Data that comes with 20022 from CyanLabs and you are currently running 19274, I would stay there. More updates will come!

I think I know the answer to this questions, but if we update to 22021 or 22022 and down the road other updates come out will we be required to downgrade each time in order to step it back up? Or is this a one time deal.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I know the answer to this questions, but if we update to 22021 or 22022 and down the road other updates come out will we be required to downgrade each time in order to step it back up? Or is this a one time deal.

Only reason you have to downgrade to go from 19274 to 2002X is because CyanLabs also includes the 19 Map Data. If it was just a Sync version update only, you could do the straight update.

So going forward I think it will be a little more straight forward cause the 19 Map Data is the newest! We will see if Cyan includes just a version package going forward.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is correct. But the Nav apps have to be updated to utilize it. Not aware of any that are yet.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

ill NEVER pay ford's 3rd party for their updates...$200+, my smart phone updates for nothing!
The one thing I don't like is that while CarPlay will display the Waze maps on the infotainment display - it WONT display the Waze (or any other map) while at the home/split screen.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ill NEVER pay ford's 3rd party for their updates...$200+, my smart phone updates for nothing!
The one thing I don't like is that while CarPlay will display the Waze maps on the infotainment display - it WONT display the Waze (or any other map) while at the home/split screen.

Huh. The updates aren’t $200. They are $149 at full price and that is only if you get them to ship you the flash drive. Download is like $120.

Non of us are suggesting to pay that. The updates we are talking about, are FREE from CyanLabs and include the 2019 Maps(The Most Current). They are 3.4 20022, with 1/19 Map Data.

Correct in the split screen, that is what 13.4 iOS fixes. Apple gave the ability for 3rd Party to work in Split Screen. The statement I made above is to clarify no 3rd Party currently supports split screen because they need to update the app to support the feature Apple has added. I expect Waze to be first. Probably a few days.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Huh. The updates aren’t $200. They are $149 at full price and that is only if you get them to ship you the flash drive. Download is like $120.

Non of us are suggesting to pay that. The updates we are talking about, are FREE from CyanLabs and include the 2019 Maps(The Most Current). They are 3.4 20022, with 1/19 Map Data.

Correct in the split screen, that is what 13.4 iOS fixes. Apple gave the ability for 3rd Party to work in Split Screen. The statement I made above is to clarify no 3rd Party currently supports split screen because they need to update the app to support the feature Apple has added. I expect Waze to be first. Probably a few days.

ok so on my '17 f350 they were like 250, but even at 120 Its not worth it to me.
the split screen im talking about is on the infotainment / home screen 1/2 is map, 1/4 is audio, 1/4 is cell connection.

I would much prefer the Waze map (not full screen) but in the split 1/2, 1/4, 1/4 home screen of the infotainment center display. I used it today after updating to ios 13.4 and couldn't get the map to display on the home screen of the infotainment system

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the split screen im talking about is on the infotainment / home screen 1/2 is map, 1/4 is audio, 1/4 is cell connection.

I would much prefer the Waze map (not full screen) but in the split 1/2, 1/4, 1/4 home screen of the infotainment center display. I used it today after updating to ios 13.4 and couldn't get the map to display on the home screen of the infotainment system

He told you it wasn't working YET, read the above quote.