Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
He’s talking about the Ford home screen not CarPlay home screen.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
He told you it wasn't working YET, read the above quote.

are you aware there are multiple screen views and more than ONE potential SPLIT screen view....INCLUDING one between the smart phone and the infotainment display?

anyway I hope you have a better day.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ok so on my '17 f350 they were like 250, but even at 120 Its not worth it to me.
the split screen im talking about is on the infotainment / home screen 1/2 is map, 1/4 is audio, 1/4 is cell connection.

I would much prefer the Waze map (not full screen) but in the split 1/2, 1/4, 1/4 home screen of the infotainment center display. I used it today after updating to ios 13.4 and couldn't get the map to display on the home screen of the infotainment system

I was talking CarPlay. The split screen view in CarPlay.

Waze can be used in App Mode, but not in Split screen. Even on 3.4 20022. CarPlay has to be disabled for Waze to work In app mode.

This was supposed to post last night...but I didn’t hit the last button.

Baby steps...Sync 3 still has one of the best integrations in general for Apps, CP, and AA out there. It is also quick. Very few match it at this price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also, just use CarPlay, soon it will have exactly what you are looking for!

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
are you aware there are multiple screen views and more than ONE potential SPLIT screen view....INCLUDING one between the smart phone and the infotainment display?

anyway I hope you have a better day.

Haha, not having a bad day at all!! Post wasn't meant rudely, sorry if you took it that way. I don't have an IPhone, so was just using the information in Loki's post. I don't use Android auto because out here in rural Manitoba, doesn't have much use.

Hope with these new replies that YOU have a better day! :)

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
He has an Android Phone...so yeah, still a smart phone. Just doesn’t use it cause of lack of service.

Guess I was right to assume he doesn't really read posts! :)

Yes, I have a Samsung, wife has an IPhone X, I just never liked Apple. I liked my Blackberry's but switched to Samsung.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Guess I was right to assume he doesn't really read posts! :)

Yes, I have a Samsung, wife has an IPhone X, I just never liked Apple. I liked my Blackberry's but switched to Samsung.

I picked up what you were putting down! All Good!

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I pulled the trigger and went down to 19200 then back up to 20021. The downgrade took about 5 mins, the reformat and install took almost 60 mins!

So far seems pretty good, I could swear the interaction seems a bit more crisp / snappy. No new features that I can tell as previously mentioned. I am still running an iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 12.4.6 :)