Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I updated my post, but still I believe you are correct. I find the screen quality on the 6 plus to be decent for my needs and the battery life is still sitting at 87%. People make choices everyday about things they want and/or need. But that being said if anyone feels bad for me and wants to send an iPhone 11 Pro my way...go right ahead lmao.

My issue was not with the decision to stay with the older phone, but the expectation that it’s performance would not degrade. It is simply an unrealistic expectation that a 6 year old tech device would not see a performance hit running current software. The software trends with the hard ware. Complexity and features increase, which in turn requires more/faster hardware. That is simply how it works.

I am a tech by trade, so I typically get the newest every year. I actually kept my Xs Max this year and did not upgrade to the 11 Pro, because I have been very happy with it. But to expect it to keep up with the newest, Nope.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let's not get too confused over a post. I was not crying about degradation of performance. I am fully aware a 6 yr old phone (or pretty much any tech for that matter) will be affected by age / use / wear and tear / etc. I know what I have in my 6 Plus and I'm fine with it. NBD. Maybe there was a misunderstanding on my comments somewhere possibly due to the crisper / snappy correlation to my 6 plus comment.

Let's get this topic back on track lol.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah...I'm "only" on a 6 plus. The screen is still great (large size) but I find the performance is degrading (slower). Thanks Apple.

You said the above. No confusion. And the “Thanks Apple” clearly implies it was their fault a 6 year old device was getting slower.

Sorry, but call it as I see it.

Agreed. Back on Topic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Wally

Reaction score
Worked like a charm...only two minor complaints are No Calm (don’t really care) and the background for night doesn’t change all the colors. Bottom and top banners remain the same color blue.

Thanks Loki for all the help and feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Worked like a charm...only two minor complaints are No Calm (don’t really care) and the background for night doesn’t change all the colors. Bottom and top banners remain the same color blue.

Thanks Loki for all the help and feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem. Only way to get Calm Mode, is to do the firmware update, and it is a PAIN! Certain revisions of the APIM shouldn’t even attempt the firmware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, but since I have the Black Stealth interior, I like the more black-like theme.

Thanks for looking out, though. :)

its another one for my wish list too! I have set the screen for "night" mode to minimize the brightness.
my 2017 Platinum F350 had many more color/background options (including black / w/out any gradient top or bottom)...of course the truck also had DIMMABLE ambient lighting colors that I could set ...illuminating the door pockets, handles, cup holder/console and floorboards (miss that too)!

Rufus4bz

Reaction score
I've looked and have not been able to verify but if I update to 3.4 on my '19 Platinum, will I need to redo all the changes I did with forscan (bambi mode etc)?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've looked and have not been able to verify but if I update to 3.4 on my '19 Platinum, will I need to redo all the changes I did with forscan (bambi mode etc)?

No. All of mine stuck. Only thing that you have to set back up is BT pairing and CarPlay/AA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire