Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Curious if anyone has a screenshot of the black label vs regular navigator screen? Is there supposed to be a BL splash graphic or anything?

Odd sync STILL doesn’t merge all of your favorite/preset stations into a single list regardless of source and that you can’t scroll through the entire list from the steering wheel controls.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Curious if anyone has a screenshot of the black label vs regular navigator screen? Is there supposed to be a BL splash graphic or anything?

Odd sync STILL doesn’t merge all of your favorite/preset stations into a single list regardless of source and that you can’t scroll through the entire list from the steering wheel controls.

3.4 Allows you to put Sat and FM stations on the same page. Mine will also go to the 2nd page if I am at the end of the 1st.

Startup Image and Theme are 2 different settings. They are in different locations via programming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
3.4 Allows you to put Sat and FM stations on the same page. Mine will also go to the 2nd page if I am at the end of the 1st.

Startup Image and Theme are 2 different settings. They are in different locations via programming.

That would be great! I just checked and I’m on version 3.4 and cant scroll to the next set of presets/favorites with steering wheel controls...when it gets to the end of the first 6 presets it goes back to the first one instead of moving to the next 6...

nor can I combine fm/xm stations. How are you performing those tasks?

Are you saying you need to program startup in forscan? Is there a specific black label startup? What does it say?

Thanks for all the info. Very helpful.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That would be great! I just checked and I’m on version 3.4 and cant scroll to the next set of presets/favorites with steering wheel controls...when it gets to the end of the first 6 presets it goes back to the first one instead of moving to the next 6...

nor can I combine fm/xm stations. How are you performing those tasks?

Are you saying you need to program startup in forscan? Is there a specific black label startup? What does it say?

Thanks for all the info. Very helpful.

Let me Double Check I can do that in the Expy. I definitely could do it in my Edge. I know I can do it in my 2020 Explorer ST, cause I set the presets yesterday. It is running 3.4.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven’t looked at all the StartUp Logos, but Themes and Start Up Logos are separate FORSCAN settings.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let me Double Check I can do that in the Expy. I definitely could do it in my Edge. I know I can do it in my 2020 Explorer ST, cause I set the presets yesterday. It is running 3.4.

That would be nuts if you can do it on all of those ford vehicles but for some reason it’s locked out on the expy/Navi.

Thanks for checking.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That would be nuts if you can do it on all of those ford vehicles but for some reason it’s locked out on the expy/Navi.

Thanks for checking.

Definitely cannot put Sat and FM on the same page in my 17 Expy with 3.4 20021.

My 16 Edge Sport with 3.4 20021 Could. My 2020 Explorer ST can. Must be an APIM firmware version thing!

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Definitely cannot put Sat and FM on the same page in my 17 Expy with 3.4 20021.

My 16 Edge Sport with 3.4 20021 Could. My 2020 Explorer ST can. Must be an APIM firmware version thing!

Why on earth would ford hobble BASIC functionality on its highest end vehicles lol?!