Update on TPMS (Tire pressure monitor sensors, or system) bypass. .......Success!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Light and text is gone. I put 40 psi in the tube and trained the sensors with the little training tool though the side of the pipe. Now the tube will go under the truck next to the frame. I plan to keep using it during the summer so I will know when the used sensors' batteries quit and then I will just put new ones in it for the next winter. All sensors are taped inside right next to the corresponding letters on the tube with padding in between each one. Not paying $100 per wheel to put new sensors in for the winter, plus my winter tires are already mounted and balanced.
tpms4.jpg tpms3.jpg

Last edited:

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The old pipe bomb method. Why such a large pipe? Most I have seen use a much smaller pipe and put it up in the spare tire.

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Personally I would put a smaller pipe under the passenger seat or dash, to keep away from elements / extreme temperatures and keep batteries alive longer. Another possible location is where the jack is, under the rear hatch area carpet.

Good job, though!

OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Personally I would put a smaller pipe under the passenger seat or dash, to keep away from elements / extreme temperatures and keep batteries alive longer. Another possible location is where the jack is, under the rear hatch area carpet.

Good job, though!
I was going to use smaller diameter pipe and even bought a piece but the sensors didn't fit in it (should have brought one with me) but I already had this piece lying around and I figured it would be easier to regulate the air going in with the large volume and I needed the length to separate the sensors for training them. If I make another one it will be longer and the smallest diameter pipe that will work. When I trained the sensors in the pipe after filling with air it only asked for 2 of the 4 tires so I think it trained 2 at once (need to separate them more next time). Also, it will be fine attached to the frame underneath out of the way.

Hulkster

Reaction score
I am gonna have to do this but don't we have a programmer that gets rid of the tire pressure sensor warning and air suspension warning(if you converted from rear bag system.) Not sure just asking because i am gonna buy one for 300

OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am gonna have to do this but don't we have a programmer that gets rid of the tire pressure sensor warning and air suspension warning(if you converted from rear bag system.) Not sure just asking because i am gonna buy one for 300
There is a tool that does it on ebay for $65 and forescan will do it too for less than that. There are other ways now for the missing air bag, look it up. Not $300

Hulkster

Reaction score
Ok I will definitely look I saw those I was thinking about tuning and thought they did it all but will definitely do more research