Upgrade rear speakers for Expedition Timberline with B&O system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Defyant

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe these audio systems are detuned to prevent speaker damage. Forscan supposedly can fix this (per research on Sync 3). I am very interested in this upgrade. Subscribing.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
he upgraded b&o has 22 speakers and can only be had on spp, kr or platinum. The people who have it rele like it.
I can attest to this, I have the 22 speaker setup, for a factory setup, it's actually pretty good. Is it the best I've ever heard, no, but well rounded for an SUV this size. The issue is that sound quality is subjective for a lot of people. Some want window shaking bass, others want crisp mid's up to the max.

full size SUV (essentially the perfect environment for sound)
This is completely contrary to facts, SUVs, cars, etc, are terrible, absolutely terrible from an audio sound environment. The glass, so much glass, plastic panels, doors, etc. It is the complete opposite of a perfect sound environment. And big SUV's are even worse.
It's part of the reason why they put in so many speakers. More speakers means they can try to adjust/compensate the sound closer to the listener, before it has a chance to reverberate.
If you go into a recording studio, they don't normally have 12 or 22 speakers in a 70-100 sq ft space.

Quality could be improved, and for that ford will gladly sell you a navigator.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like the 14 spkr unit in the nav. It's not as powerful as the b&o, but it sounds better. Maybe those speakers can bolt right in. I would love to hear the 30 spker unit, it's a critical darling as far as sound quality and immersion goes.

87mj

Reaction score
I was a little disappointed in the audio quality when I first took delivery. I was messing with the settings and found that the default configuration for the audio was some kind of artificial matrixed surround sound. I dont remember exactly what they called it. After I changed it to stereo, it was wonderful.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was a little disappointed in the audio quality when I first took delivery. I was messing with the settings and found that the default configuration for the audio was some kind of artificial matrixed surround sound. I dont remember exactly what they called it. After I changed it to stereo, it was wonderful.
Some folks like the Surround Sound effect and others don't. That's why you can choose. Also note that the audio quality is much better when listening to HD terrestrial radio than satellite.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65