Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

Wanting to change the look and performance of my 2000 Expedition. Toying with the following: supercharge, tires/wheels, hood, 2" suspension lift, and grilles. Any pros or cons from past experience? Already have Flowmaster and K&N. Used for all travel which includes hauling a bass boat.

thanks for input

tr186

Fred69

Reaction score
What motor do you have? What rear end? 4x2 or 4x4? What is your budget? How many miles on the motor/trans. What do you want this mod for? towing? pulling stumps? improved 0-60? Pros FUN BIG RIDE.... Cons $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

OP
OP
G

I have 5.4, 4x4, and has 50K miles. Also has air suspension. Upgrading for looks, 0-60, and towing purposes. No off roading. Budget is flexible between 5-10K.

Thanks For Any Help

tr186

Fred69

Reaction score
IMHO Check the motor inside and out if you plan to use it. cylinder pressure check. Oil pressure, bearing clearances. cooling system. The super charger can add a great amount of stress on the rod's Manley offers a really nice set that are more than up to the task. camshaft, dished pistons for the appropriate mod's If I had such a budget as you have allowed I would look into the overall condition of the vehicle.. First is it really a great candidate for such an investment? You can get a crate motor out of the box for 5-7k 8k from the dealer for an SVT 5.4 Lightning motor. There are many crate motors that make gob's of power/torque for the lesser of the lot. Port pollish heads b/b. What is your rear axle ratio's?
Then again (I) would look more into a true dual exhaust, a nice cam, hp injectors a chip mod, nice wheels, and tires. 2-3" lift remember the trailer height. Upgraded lighting,then for those wild days NOS is really nice. I would then take a hot babe to Florida for a week, and make a nice dwn pymt on a new fish finder, and a trolling motor w/$$$$ to spare.

Up 2 U