Upper and lower control arm bushings need replacing so the whole arm needs replacing???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

standardmoose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hi guys,
just a little back story first. So i was getting knocking sounds from the front passenger side suspension and a squeaking noise when going over bumps. I knew it was most likely the bushing that had to be replaced as I've had the same issue on another car before, and i recognised the sound straight away.
So the car went in for its service at the dealer and they have informed me that the upper and lower control arm and the stabiliser on the front passenger side needs replacing. Now after asking why, they have told me cos the bushing on both needs replacing but Ford doesn't make just the bushing so you have to buy the whole control arm and then they recommended replacing the stabilizer.
Now my question is, has anyone ever just raplced the bushings without having to repalce the control arms? as i know bushings are very very cheap compared to buying a whole new set of control arms.
Also if it can be done where do you get the parts from?
Also its a 2008 xlt.

cheers
Phill

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Control arms are quite cheap too

Look around online

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Had this issue with an 06 Mustang. Took it in for state inspection and the service dept told me I needed new control arm bushings driver side. They then proceeded to tell me that you cannot find an OEM replacement that isn't the entire control arm assembly other than what Ford sells. They wanted $425 to replace. Found one made by Moog for about $90 and took it to a Firestone. Out the door for $150. Ford dealer dept is great but service dept sucks!

OP
OP
standardmoose

standardmoose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
cheers for all the help guys, hopefully gonna be getting everything sorted out his month as the squeaking is gettin annoying now :rotflmao:

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it's just the bushings and the ball joints have no play, doubtful, unless your mileage is real low. You can have any shop that has a hydraulic press pop in new ones. Usually on these vehicles lower ball joints are available, but uppers are not. So you can do just the bushings, but with these SUVs not having grease able ball joints chances are you have some play. As Bedrck stated Moog is a good replacement as the ball joints come with a grease fitting. Moose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69