upper control arm bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
anyone replace these with polyurethane yet? noticed today mine are cracked...I have seen the Red replacement for these..

chad9f9

Reaction score
Haven't had to replace the bushing itself but did replace the whole upper control arm since the Ball joint was bad. That was pretty easy. as for the bushings they are pressed in so if you were to try and replace just the bushing you would need an arbor press or a large bench vice.

I would just replace the whole thing. Local parts stores should have them in stock and some will come with a lifetime warranty.

You might also want to pick up some cam bolts while you are at it. When I swapped my arms the factory alignment shims were there and are not adjustable. Then take it in for alignment.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
BakerEdition

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
I figured these would have to be pressed in and out...most the new bushings say to reuse the same outer sleeves...I have looked at multiple control arms that come with new bushing and ball joint...I just dont want cheap stuff for front end parts...I always liked MOOG, but heard they are now made in Mexico...so I was looking at DANA SPICER...I was looking to see if ford made a heavier made control that would fit, like form a F-250...but the part numbers are the same...I want the poly as oppose rubber for better handling, heat from the engine and since im more than likely going to get buried in this dam thing...I dont want to do this again...LOL...So I will use my same control arms, new poly bushings and spice ball joints....I will take the bushing and have them pressed with the ball joints....pair or new bilstiens and I should be able to keep up with a Ferrari... LMAO...oh yeah gonna change the sway bar bushings and pins to poly as well.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I figured these would have to be pressed in and out...most the new bushings say to reuse the same outer sleeves...I have looked at multiple control arms that come with new bushing and ball joint...I just dont want cheap stuff for front end parts...I always liked MOOG, but heard they are now made in Mexico...so I was looking at DANA SPICER...I was looking to see if ford made a heavier made control that would fit, like form a F-250...but the part numbers are the same...I want the poly as oppose rubber for better handling, heat from the engine and since im more than likely going to get buried in this dam thing...I dont want to do this again...LOL...So I will use my same control arms, new poly bushings and spice ball joints....I will take the bushing and have them pressed with the ball joints....pair or new bilstiens and I should be able to keep up with a Ferrari... LMAO...oh yeah gonna change the sway bar bushings and pins to poly as well.

If you are worried about MOOG being in Mexico causing their parts to be of lesser quality, the ones in my truck have held up fine for about 2 years now. If you are looking for Made in USA, then I totally understand where you are coming from.