Upper Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexalexalex

Reaction score
Bringing this thread back...

04+ F-150 UCAs will not fit on 03 & 04s... Just tried today. There is an approximately 2" difference in the space between the ends.

ChrisRCNY

Reaction score
I'm looking for replacement UCA's, too. I dropped in premium Moogs when I installed the readylift set.

LH Moog as a grease fitting, RH doesn't. Care to guess which one got a torn boot after a month of use?

Supposedly, f150 UCAs will fit with no issue, other than possible tire interference. Unlifted PN is the same for 08 Expy/f150.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why did you buy two different ball joints? Everything I am putting on the truck now will have a grease fitting.

Yes, some aftermarket F-150 UCAs will work based upon your other components.

I can tell you from experience BDS UCAs WILL NOT work with Bilstein 5100s.
The BDS arms are made for the Fox 2.0s.
I bought the BDS arms thinking they would work with any 1-2” lift. Having the 5100s I found out that is not the case.
Now I have Fox 2.0s sitting in the garage next to BDS arms because I installed the BDS arms with the 5100s and my knuckle was bound up under a coil.
Figured I already spent the $700 on the UCAs what was another $800 so I could actually use them.

If I had it to do over again I would have bought the SPC UCAs which would likely work with the 5100s without issue since the balljoint mount is adjustable. But at this point that is just a WAG.

Eric Mowrer

Reaction score
Finally got around to installing the Bilstein 5100s and the Tuff Country UCAs over my Christmas break.

UCAs installed great and the angle was better. However, due to the width of my tires and rims (2019 Raptor takeoffs), the tires rubbed the front arm of the UCAs at about 90% full turn.

My tires are currently even with the outside of the fender, so I do not want to add wheel spacers. So... Factory UCAs went back on...

I'll make a more detailed post when I get time... but the Bilsteins are much better than the Monroe struts/springs and the Ready lift spacer.

Anyone want a good deal on some Tuff Country UCAs? Would work with different tires/wheels.

Photo Jan 06, 5 17 37 PM.jpg

Photo Jan 06, 6 23 50 PM.jpg

Truckster

Reaction score
What wheel width/backspace/tire size were you trying to run?

I want to run F-150 5100’s at about 2” lift, but I need to find UCA’s that work.

I would be interested in buying yours if I can figure out a wheel/tire combo that works.

Jeff

Finally got around to installing the Bilstein 5100s and the Tuff Country UCAs over my Christmas break.

UCAs installed great and the angle was better. However, due to the width of my tires and rims (2019 Raptor takeoffs), the tires rubbed the front arm of the UCAs at about 90% full turn.

My tires are currently even with the outside of the fender, so I do not want to add wheel spacers. So... Factory UCAs went back on...

I'll make a more detailed post when I get time... but the Bilsteins are much better than the Monroe struts/springs and the Ready lift spacer.

Anyone want a good deal on some Tuff Country UCAs? Would work with different tires/wheels.

View attachment 33841

View attachment 33842

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric Mowrer

Reaction score
What wheel width/backspace/tire size were you trying to run?

I want to run F-150 5100’s at about 2” lift, but I need to find UCA’s that work.

I would be interested in buying yours if I can figure out a wheel/tire combo that works.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m running 2019 Raptor 17” with 6.08” backspace & BFG KO2 315/70R17 (34.5x12.70). Information on Tuff Country website says 5.5” backspace with 33x12.50.

PM me if you are interested.

Photo Jan 20, 1 04 09 PM.jpg
Photo Jan 20, 12 58 49 PM.jpg

Last edited:

Flatline

Reaction score
I'm currently trying to figure this out for my 2018. I don't like the angle of my OE UCA on my lifted 2018 expedition max. My camber can't get better than -2 and I think it's because of the UCA. I would think that even an extended ball joint would work. Anyone know if there's an F150 UCA that works with the 2018 expedition?