Upper Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neil T Casey

Reaction score
Anyone running the Readylift 3/2 lift have issues with their control arms? These TUFF COUNTRY 20935 are made for 1-3" of lift and should reposition the ball joint. Think it would help or is needed? If im going to take it apart to install the lift I might as well do these at the same time if they are needed.

The expys use the same UCA from 03-17 that the F150 uses in the 04-19.

https://www.suspensionconnection.co...2b8NRlpMorjMhAwPehed5kve045A9POQaAszQEALw_wcB

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They aren’t “needed” but a good idea.
You/we will put more wear on the factory ball joints. Not a severe detriment but they’ll certainly need replacing quicker than if not lifted.
Tuff Country appears so be one of those entry level companies.
Certainly better than OEM for the price. Interested in who’s ball joints they use.
I am planning on BDS Control Arms but they are twice the price. Had not seen the Tuff Country before may look around the F150 forums for reviews.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Been reading and reviews appear to be good and they are made in the USA.
Their website says that they will not work with factory wheels. Also states it uses a standard ball joint. So two big negatives.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone running the Readylift 3/2 lift have issues with their control arms? These TUFF COUNTRY 20935 are made for 1-3" of lift and should reposition the ball joint. Think it would help or is needed? If im going to take it apart to install the lift I might as well do these at the same time if they are needed.

https://www.suspensionconnection.co...2b8NRlpMorjMhAwPehed5kve045A9POQaAszQEALw_wcB

Hope you know the Readylift 3/2 does NOT work with electronic CCD...

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score

https://www.suspensionconnection.com/20935-f150-control-arms.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwn8_mBRCLARIsAKxi0GK9O5Tf8lzLcxacwiMGFgg2b8NRlpMorjMhAwPehed5kve045A9POQaAszQEAL_wcB
You will need to convert the CCD to springs and strut in order for 3/2 to work or purchase some kind of aftermarket thing that fixes the ride height sensor

OP
OP
Neil T Casey

Neil T Casey

Reaction score
You will need to convert the CCD to springs and strut in order for 3/2 to work or purchase some kind of aftermarket thing that fixes the ride height sensor

@16plati What do you mean the Readylift 3/2 doesnt work? The only difference between the CCD and Non CCD are the electronic sensors which to my knowledge just need to have a new longer link made up. Is there something else that I am missing? I havent been in a hurry to do this as its not my daily driver yet so I also havent tore into it much as im just part gathering right now.

OP
OP
Neil T Casey

Neil T Casey

Reaction score
Been reading and reviews appear to be good and they are made in the USA.
Their website says that they will not work with factory wheels. Also states it uses a standard ball joint. So two big negatives.

@Black good catch on the factory wheels. I didnt notice that. I did see the standard ball joint, I was ok with going with that over the uniball mainly due to cost and how limited I will probably be doing off roading.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Black good catch on the factory wheels. I didnt notice that. I did see the standard ball joint, I was ok with going with that over the uniball mainly due to cost and how limited I will probably be doing off roading.

If it is an upgraded/beefed up ball joint that is a standard style that is fine. Likely more desirable since you are in Michigan I am guessing you get lots of road salt like we do here (probably more). Uniballs and road salt do not play nicely.
BDS uses an upgraded Moog standard style ball joint.
So the question is what specific ball joint do they use. Also are replacement joints easy to find.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@16plati What do you mean the Readylift 3/2 doesnt work? The only difference between the CCD and Non CCD are the electronic sensors which to my knowledge just need to have a new longer link made up. Is there something else that I am missing? I havent been in a hurry to do this as its not my daily driver yet so I also havent tore into it much as im just part gathering right now.
Thts would be why I said you need to mess with the ride height sensor

Aces

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it is an upgraded/beefed up ball joint that is a standard style that is fine. Likely more desirable since you are in Michigan I am guessing you get lots of road salt like we do here (probably more). Uniballs and road salt do not play nicely.
BDS uses an upgraded Moog standard style ball joint.
So the question is what specific ball joint do they use. Also are replacement joints easy to find.

Icon also has their delta joint.
http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/deltajoint/